top stolen cars in the US for 2002

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

did someone's dad actually just post on here?

EDIT- not that it's a bad thing, but you don't see that everyday.

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Aug 8 2003, 11:26 PM
did someone's dad actually just post on here?

EDIT- not that it's a bad thing, but you don't see that everyday.

Why yes I did. however I'm actually younger than TPP...so in reality, the response to your question is no. :p

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Aug 8 2003, 12:37 PM
why would anyone steal a 89 camery

People steal camrys because they are the EASIEST. All you have to do is shave a little bit off the bottom of the key and its now a master key for all camrys of that year.

Originally posted by randerson165@Aug 8 2003, 11:16 PM
I had somebody break into my car without actually damaging anything. I was in Wal-Mart !!! I don't shop there, I was just, just, um looking !!!

Anyways, I came out and my little black things that hold the window down (towards the top of the window sill) were flipped up and I was like "what the fuck" and then I got in my car and some of my shit was gone !!!

If you bend this flaps up, you can pull the window out about 3-5 inches, just enough to get your hand or something in and unlock the door.

They must have been smart to break in like that but they were stupid about stealing stuff. All they took were some cd's that were in my second din. they didn't take my deck that isn't held in by anything, my sunglasses on my passenger seat, radar detector in the glovebox or anything else valuable, just some burned cd's !!!

some thieves, that is all they look for. THey dont care about the car or other BS, they just want the CD's. Less of a crime then OAWOOC.

What the fuck is with wal mart today? I have seen like 10 posts about wal mart today!!! AGH!!!!!!

Originally posted by sablo16@Aug 8 2003, 11:49 AM
i remember reading something on here about how the ignition assembly was designed poorly making hondas extremely easy to steal...could someone post the link to that thread?

it also suggested an easy fix that would prevent someone one from jacking the car (altho your stereo would be gone but youd still have your engine) i thought it would be relevant here

To steal a honda, all you have to do is rip off steering wheel column cover, take 2 screws out of back of ignition, turn with a screw driver and car starts, now to break steering column loose, all you have to do is take a good sized pry bar/chizel and break ignition off of steering column, usually done in 2 blows.

When putting my ignition back together after I got the car(stolen recovery) I jbwelded metal plates to the ignition so if they do take it apart, it w9ill be tougher, but yeah it can still be done. I also suggest a kill switch that is hidden. Very simple, just find something that will make it so if not set the car won't start no matter what.

honda keys are also pretty similar, i.e. my friend used his civics key to open my del sols trunk, and vise versa....just put it in there, shake it around, play with the key a lil bit, and the trunk pops open!!

Back