torque specs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Normally I would tell you to go buy a book as will anyone else on here but since I have nothing to do right now here you go.

Ft/Lbs
A/T Tranny Drain plug......................... 29
M/T Tranny Drain and fill plug..............30-40
Wheel Lug Nuts....................................80
Fuel Filter
Banjo Bolt............................................16
Service Bolt.........................................9
Clamp Bolt...........................................9
Valve cover Bolts...................................7
Spark Plugs..........................................13
Cam Gear Bolt.......................................27
Cam cover crown nuts.............................7
Crank(vibration) damper bolt...................119
Cylinder Head Studs....................1st step..22...2nd..49
Flywheel Bolts M/T................................76
Drive Plate bolts for A/T........................54
Header Bolts to Cylinder Head................22
Header to downpipe bolts.......................33
Intake Manifold Bolts..............................16
Oil Pan bolts...........................................9
Oil pick up tube bolts..............................17
Oil Pump to engine block bolts/nuts...........9
Oil Pump Screen bolts..............................8
Oil pump cover Screws.............................5
Oil filter Housing Bolts..............................9
Rocker arm shaft pedestal bolts................16
Rocker arm shaft end caps bolts................9
Timing belt adjstment bolt.........................31
Rod Bolts.................................................23
Main Bearings cap bolts
Separate caps and bridge..........................48
One piece cap assembly............................33
Water pump pulley bolts.............................9
Thersmostat housing bolts..........................9
Water pump attaching bolts.........................9
Fuel injection service bolts
88-90......................................................9
91up........................................................11
Throttle Body nuts.....................................16
Fuel Rail nut..............................................9
Manual Transmission
Countershaft locknuts................................65
End cover bolts.........................................9
Selector arm holder bolts...........................9
Tranny case to Flywhee housing..................20
Tranny to engine bolts
4 speed.....................................................33
5 speed.....................................................50
Clutch pressure plate bolts...........................19
Release fork bolts........................................22
Driveaxle/hub nuts.......................................134
Brake hose to caliper banjo bolts (front/Rear)...25
Master Cylinder Mounting nuts.......................11
Brake Booster mounting nuts.........................9

OK not to be an asshole. I have a book for my car and guess what it doesnt have the specs in it. I got the specs off this site now my head gasket is fucked up again. I torqued it the first stage at 22 pounds and then 53 pounds. Now my car is smoking white like crazy. Im not sure if the gasket is fucked up now or not. But maybe that few pounds is all it took. Can you tell me what book you got these specs from? Possibly the page number if its a Chiltons manual? Thanks
TRU

the chiltons does have the specs your just not looking hard enough,,i went through the same thing,and blanco told me to look harder,and guess what,i found them,,,

go to the table of contents and look for torque specs,or the head section

and as for still blowing white smoke,,you probably didnt clean the srfaces well enough,,try cleaning them with carb cleaner,get a new gasket,spray it with copper gasket spray and put it on,,torque in 3 steps instead of 2

Unfortunately honda parts are a little hard to come by here in Germany. But I do have access to some. I went to the head section there is no torque specs in either the head section nor is there a torque spec section. Any other direction from there?? I sure as hell dont have a clue at this point. Maybe if I was back state side it would be alot easier.

The other thing I was wondering would 4 ftlbs really make a difference. Would that crush the gasket. I mean if the torque spec is 22 and 49 and I torqued it 22 and 53 is that really going to fuck up the motor. ??????????

Did you have the head checked for cracks/warping. The main reason motors blow a head gasket is warping of the head. And yes copper tone the head, both sides of the head gasket and the block. And did you reuse the old bolts because they are torque-to-yeild, meaning once you put them in you cant take them out and use them again because the threads stretch when you torque them.

efhondakid I didnt deck the head. I took my buddies word for it. Guess thats the last time I do that. There is only one way to put the head gasket on due to the fact that all the holes for the water jacket and bolts wont line up. Yes I did use the old bolts they didnt look all that bad I cleaned the threads up with a rethreader and tapped the holes in the block. I also checked the threads on the bolts with a thread gauge they all checked out within tolerance. I also used some fresh engine oil on the threads when I reinstalled them. I think the only problem is I didnt get the mating surfaces clean and the head might be warped. OH well one more again.

use a straight edge-go put it on the bottom left corner going to the top right corner,then the bottom right corner going to the top left corner,then from bottom left to bottom right,then top left to top right,then middle to middle(vertically and horizontally) do this on the block surface and head surface..then if its not warped clean the surfaces with carb cleaner,or brakleen and try again..also torque the bolts probably an extra 2-3lbs because theyre used

I know how to deck a head and block thats no big deal. Over 4 thousands Im gonna have to have the head shaved block no difference my problem is finding a head gasket in Germany right now. Does anyone have a D15/16 head gasket cheap??

Back