Totally Badass Honda Commercial

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
That was a kick ass comercial. Only thing that I dont think could of happen was having the wheels make it up the incline, it did not look like it had the momentum to bump into the next one.

That accord looks pretty pimp for a station wagon to.

:werd: I would so love to roll that accord over my miscolored hatch anyday. Gosh, grocer getter mom's have it nice man. :worthy: :worthy:

i always hated physics and math and the like.....
not sure how much those play into the rube goldberg contraptions....

but when i was younger i used to spend hours lookin at his books
amazed at how the stuff works.

Rube Goldberg machines = all physics, if you make the thresholds like that one.

Wheels rolling up incline- they have weights at the top right which keep the wheels still on the slope, then when the wheels are bumped, the weights fall toward the ground while rolling the wheel up hill. Simple.

:lol:

That was so freaking awesome. Dominos for engineers.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 12 2003, 02:53 PM
Rube Goldberg machines = all physics, if you make the thresholds like that one.

Wheels rolling up incline- they have weights at the top right which keep the wheels still on the slope, then when the wheels are bumped, the weights fall toward the ground while rolling the wheel up hill. Simple.

:lol:

a simplified version of why engineers get paid damn good money!!!!!

the most amazing stuff was the exhaust that spun then hit the tiny bolts that rolled down the hood.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 12 2003, 08:02 PM
the most amazing stuff was the exhaust that spun then hit the tiny bolts that rolled down the hood.

Yeah, those valves rolling down the hood were dope, and the exhaust was cool because it made a musical note while it spun. But I think the coolest part was the windsheild wipers moving along the floor.

Originally posted by tdehnel+Apr 13 2003, 01:30 AM-->
asmallsol
@Apr 12 2003, 08:02 PM

Yeah, those valves rolling down the hood were dope, and the exhaust was cool because it made a musical note while it spun. But I think the coolest part was the windsheild wipers moving along the floor.

:werd: . . . [beavis] that was the coolest thing i have ever seen [/beavis] . . . i just stared in amazement, a few times :D

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre+Apr 13 2003, 08:30 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 13 2003, 08:13 PM
Rabinzero
@Apr 13 2003, 12:24 AM
:worthy: Agreed!  Brilliant commercial!  Thanks for posting that Calesta.  Too bad the damn thing can't be saved ;)

Yes it can. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How? I couldn't find the file on my system... It's a shockwave flash file isn't it?

Load the page, then look in your internet cache for a 4 MB .swf file. The .swf file the HTML calls for is just the loader for the second file, so you have to dig it out of your cache and not from the file name called out in the HTML code on the page.

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 13 2003, 08:31 PM-->
Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Apr 13 2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 13 2003, 08:13 PM
Rabinzero
@Apr 13 2003, 12:24 AM
:worthy: Agreed!  Brilliant commercial!  Thanks for posting that Calesta.  Too bad the damn thing can't be saved ;)

Yes it can. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How? I couldn't find the file on my system... It's a shockwave flash file isn't it?

Load the page, then look in your internet cache for a 4 MB .swf file. The .swf file the HTML calls for is just the loader for the second file, so you have to dig it out of your cache and not from the file name called out in the HTML code on the page.

sweet! I found it...thanks

Great find, btw! :worthy:

Back