Toyota or Pontiac?

Ditch the '00 Grand Prix for a '00 Celica?

• Heck no, go for the 2000 Celica GT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ditch them spendy cars and buy a rice bur

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:withstupid:

Don't like them either unless it's the GTP (sp?). Celicas are the only factory rice cars out there and they're a girls car.

celica.jpg

LOL! nice one yO! I didn't get a GTP simply cause my job is 45 miles away and so it would be a killer to own one. My father owns one and i borrow it sometimes. The thing i like about domestic cars is the fact they come quick with no mods or swaps. I think i will go for the celica, my friend has one and it caught my attention. I also like the steering wheel shifters :worthy:

you know what, paddle shifters are for RACE DRIVERS ONLY, u dont need them unless ur a handicap. serously, celica's get OWNED on the street even tho everyone that has them thinks they are fast, cause they have stock bucket seats. if u think running 16'-17's (depneding on what model u buy) is cool, then go for it. OR U COULD THINK A LITTLE, buy a honda, drop in an engine for the same price, and be running 13's.

thats another issue i'm facing, its tough to find decent hondas around here unless u drive over a 100 miles and thats something i'm not willing to do. i drove 300 miles to buy my hatch and i have decided not to go through that again. U usuallu have to spot one on the net and then u go check it out and its not quite what u think it is. And plus, i don't mind running slow. I have more than decent power right now with the prix but i'm trying to down grade because i already have a speeding ticket and i'm trying to calm down when it comes to that.

I don't know...that would be a tough choice for me too.

GTP....it's hard to argue with 240 hp 280 lb ft torque right at 4000 rpm in a family car. They're great sleepers and people don't think they're as fast as they are.

Celica GT...140 hp, and not quite as fast as people think.

Celica GT-S...180 hp 130 tq, The only problem with this is you have to rev out to insane engine speeds to achieve all that power.

I'm not too sure I like the paddle shifters on the Grand Prix, to me that would get rather annoying after a while and I'd just drive it around in automatic mode most of the time.

To tell ya the truth, I really don't like either of the newer cars, I don't like the body styles. it takes me a while to get used to them and like how they look, if I were you I would drop back into the 90's and you get get more perf. for less and better body. imo. and if you need a loan, stick above 96+ you'll be alright. Check out BMW, toyota's, Honda's (of corse!), hell because you don't mind domestics, why not get into a older vett, they are cheaper than both cars your looking into, you would get cash back on that deal. and then turbo it with left over money, and holy shit your kicken some ass and having fun.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Aug 31 2003, 02:23 PM
you know what, paddle shifters are for RACE DRIVERS ONLY, u dont need them unless ur a handicap. serously, celica's get OWNED on the street even tho everyone that has them thinks they are fast, cause they have stock bucket seats. if u think running 16'-17's (depneding on what model u buy) is cool, then go for it. OR U COULD THINK A LITTLE, buy a honda, drop in an engine for the same price, and be running 13's.

Defently Bro!! Buying a used honda and droping like a b18c1 whould be the best thing to do in my book! Spend like 4k on the car and like 8k on making the car dope!! You save 7k and can dust most cars out there! :spin:

the price range i'm lookin at right now is about 10,5 not more than that though. And on top of finding it hard to find a decent car around here, they'd rape me with the labor charges.

a good bit of people I know with pontiacs have tons of problems
my ex "few years ago" had a brand new Pontiac Grand Prix she had so many problems with it Pontiac gave her a new car and once again.... she took it back and they agred to give back her money

I do like how they look and the power they put out but I don't trust them and would never own one

BTW the first reviews I've read on the celica wheel shifter VS 6 speed the 6 Speed was like .30 faster in the 1/4 mile

how much were you looking to spend on the car? you can buy my fully built Civic =) wink wink

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 31 2003, 01:10 PM
as if you have to ask...Toyota Celica gets my vote. i hate Pontiacs

:werd:

White trash that doesn't like Pontiacs, the next thing you know Texans wil be using propper grammer.

the Celica GT is the ultimate chick car. not to mention that it is hella slow, i mean, i beat them, in my 13 year old car, with 150,000+ miles on the original engine..

ji's all trac fucking owns

blew the fuck out of bill and E this weekend.... crusing at 150+

i drove it. impressive, torquey feeling. and this is at 10 psi on the sotck turbo

this is my opinon on the matter ok. back to me driving a van about a month ago ok that van was quick and i could beat the damn gts as well ok i dont know how but i could it was insane i could also beat damn 3 gen z28 and 5.0 so you know i dont know the only things i trully had a problem with was a crx that droped and 92 si motor in along by doing a mini me swap that is the one thing that i had hard time with that was with in reason to my van if that made since at all just shoot me if it didnt be later

Back