1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPS code with B18c OBD-1 swap!!

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by The WORLD is yours..., Jul 26, 2004.

1. The WORLD is yours...

The WORLD is yours... Senior Member

well, 1st off my tps was off the gsr TB when i got the engine. so i put it back on without the gasket. and i did put it on right. so i try to set the tps to the spec volt readings. and all i can get is 0.01 to 0.08, then a 4.97 all at closed throttle. then i get 0.01 to 0.08, then 2.97 all at WOT. those are not the right readings!!

how i'm testing my tps:
    i'm taking my red lead and poking it in the middle(red) wire on the tps. and then grounding the black lead to the engine. with the ignition(spelling?) turn'd on. but not running.

i've comfirm'd that my obd0-obd1 conv. harness tps wire is located in the right slots!!

i even have changed the tps from a known working tps. and i still have this problem!!

any help here would be the great!!

thanks

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

try checking the voltage at the ECU , rather than jamming the lead into the TPS.

3. The WORLD is yours...

The WORLD is yours... Senior Member

ok i'll try that. but then i'll need a friend to be at the tps. moving it just so. to get the correct dial in!!

i'll see what i can do.
    thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted