tps sensor broke durring install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smashed4thgen

while putting in my ls motor into my hatch i broke the tps ..how do i remove /replace it. there is no way ( i see ) of unbolting it ..it looks rivited in..
am i fucked?

you can drill out the rivets and replace TPS, but they are not easy to adjust to get them to work correctly - i would just swap out throttle bodies

you have to take a dremel or a hack saw to the rivit and cut a slit init then you can unscrew it with a flat head screw driver, then when you replace it there is a little plastic arm you will see that needs to line up with the little gear in the throttle body.

next time you do a swap, take off the TPS before the installation of the motor, and put it back on after the install, they break way to easily

it wasnt realy me i was trying to get it in easy and went inside to get a drink ..then my freind paul decided he would put it in broke that and my crank pully

on my old EF, my rear mount was totalled, so every time i dropped the clutch i would smash the TPS, I prolly changed that thing 10-15 times.

Back