Tranny and Block questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_EF_Hatch

Señor Member
Right now ...

I have a 90 civic hatch dx with a d16z6 with dc sport headers and a cat back exhaust (not sure what it is exactly, was on when i bought)

Ok so...

I have the transmission from a d16a6 on my z6. The reason is the tranny the z6 came with was hydrolic and my car is a cable setup. So my first question is should i convert my car to a hydrolic clutch and use the z6 transmission or does it not make much of a difference.

Also ...

I pretty much have decided to build me up a D series motor to put in my car because Im still learning alot and it is alot cheaper to fix/rebuild a d-series than a b-series. That being said, Should i build up my a6 block and put the z6 head on it (mini me) or just stick with the z6 block all together.

Finally ...

I dont make much money and i was wondering what the best rout to take would be when building my motor. I want the most for my money pretty much. I was thinking about $500 and i am was hoping to hit about 150hp (if possible for how much i want to spend).

Thanks for any help and if you see any probelms with what i want to do or have any advice for an alternative or what not just let me know. Im still learning :).

150whp is asking a lot from a d series. But if you ask me I would use the A6 block with P29 (ZC/D16A1) pistons. That would give you some good compression (around 13:1) and then a pn'p and a nice cam. Then you are using all stock honda parts except for your cam.

Try this on for size. Compression Calculator

Back