1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tranny and Block questions

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 90_EF_Hatch, Nov 27, 2007.

1. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

Right now ...

I have a 90 civic hatch dx with a d16z6 with dc sport headers and a cat back exhaust (not sure what it is exactly, was on when i bought)

Ok so...

I have the transmission from a d16a6 on my z6. The reason is the tranny the z6 came with was hydrolic and my car is a cable setup. So my first question is should i convert my car to a hydrolic clutch and use the z6 transmission or does it not make much of a difference.

Also ...

I pretty much have decided to build me up a D series motor to put in my car because Im still learning alot and it is alot cheaper to fix/rebuild a d-series than a b-series. That being said, Should i build up my a6 block and put the z6 head on it (mini me) or just stick with the z6 block all together.

Finally ...

I dont make much money and i was wondering what the best rout to take would be when building my motor. I want the most for my money pretty much. I was thinking about $500 and i am was hoping to hit about 150hp (if possible for how much i want to spend).

Thanks for any help and if you see any probelms with what i want to do or have any advice for an alternative or what not just let me know. Im still learning :).

2. dtob

dtob New Member

150whp is asking a lot from a d series. But if you ask me I would use the A6 block with P29 (ZC/D16A1) pistons. That would give you some good compression (around 13:1) and then a pn'p and a nice cam. Then you are using all stock honda parts except for your cam.

Try this on for size. Compression Calculator

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted