tranny/clutch problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was driving today on the highway at bout 70mph and then the shifter came out of 5th gear.. i thought i hit it by accident but then i went for another 5 mins then it came out again.. i pushed it back in and it kept coming out. like 3 or 4 times within a mile. so pulled over and checked it out.. nothing seemed wrong externally.. the only gear that pops out is 5th cuz i was able to drive the rest of the way in 4th.( only at 40mph tho) so i was wondering if my clutch is dead or my whole tranny is fucked up.. anyone know whats wrong with it??

ps my car dont pick up that good either...

Originally posted by that_one_dude@Feb 4 2005, 10:55 PM
i was driving today on the highway at bout 70mph and then the shifter came out of 5th gear.. i thought i hit it by accident but then i went for another 5 mins then it came out again.. i pushed it back in and it kept coming out. like 3 or 4 times within a mile. so pulled over and checked it out.. nothing seemed wrong externally.. the only gear that pops out is 5th cuz i was able to drive the rest of the way in 4th.( only at 40mph tho) so i was wondering if my clutch is dead or my whole tranny is fucked up.. anyone know whats wrong with it??

ps my car dont pick up that good either...
[post=456725]Quoted post[/post]​

Had the same problem add transmission oil

Back