tranny fluid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sniezek66

yeah i have a Y1 LSD tranny and i was wondering what is the best fluid to use with it. Some have said just regular 10w-30 motor oil others say different. Can anyone tell me for sure.

kurtis

honda tranny fluid or 10w30 will work. I on the other hand put a shitload of power down, so i use believe it or not with no problems yet.. knock on wood. I use amsoil full synthetic 20w 50. good luck bro...

hah thats funny. tell me, would you keep your first 9 sec time slip which took you like 2 yrs of building and almost 2 season's of trial and error(traction,tuning issues.) ... Hell yes I do.

Originally posted by 9sech22civic@Apr 19 2004, 07:09 AM
hah thats funny. tell me, would you keep your first 9 sec time slip which took you like 2 yrs of building and almost 2 season's of trial and error(traction,tuning issues.) ... Hell yes I do.

Than start a thread and post it up, I'm sure many would have lots to ask you about thesetup, but DO NOT THREADJACK!!!

Anyway, BOT, I used 10w30 for a long time, work just fine, I recently switched to Castrol SMX synthetic, and it was a little smoother. Haven't been able to find it here, butt he GM or Pennzoil syncromesh w/friction modifiers, is supposedly one fo the best feeling fluids around.

Back