1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tranny fluid

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by sniezek66, Apr 17, 2004.

1. sniezek66

sniezek66 Member

yeah i have a Y1 LSD tranny and i was wondering what is the best fluid to use with it. Some have said just regular 10w-30 motor oil others say different. Can anyone tell me for sure.

kurtis

2. 9sech22civic

9sech22civic Senior Member

honda tranny fluid or 10w30 will work. I on the other hand put a shitload of power down, so i use believe it or not with no problems yet.. knock on wood. I use amsoil full synthetic 20w 50. good luck bro...

3. B18Civic95

B18Civic95 Member

you have any time-slips for your nine second car

4. 9sech22civic

9sech22civic Senior Member

hah thats funny. tell me, would you keep your first 9 sec time slip which took you like 2 yrs of building and almost 2 season's of trial and error(traction,tuning issues.) ... Hell yes I do.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Than start a thread and post it up, I'm sure many would have lots to ask you about thesetup, but DO NOT THREADJACK!!!

Anyway, BOT, I used 10w30 for a long time, work just fine, I recently switched to Castrol SMX synthetic, and it was a little smoother. Haven't been able to find it here, butt he GM or Pennzoil syncromesh w/friction modifiers, is supposedly one fo the best feeling fluids around.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted