Tranny for LS/Vtec engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slr turbo 4

Hey all, i am new to the forum, and have been searching for some info on what tranny i should get for an LS/Vtec engine. The engine is going to be boosted, I don't know if it helps out or not. The top two trannys i see are the CTR and ITR trannys. These are a little bit pricey for me. If any one else has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

PS

This board is awesome! I have been using if for info for a while, and finally decided to join. :)

If you are boosting, i would go with a GSR tranny. Definitely the best for boost because the gears are not as short as the CTR and ITR trannies. The LS tranny if you are going to be pushing big whp numbers, like 400whp and above, below that go with a GSR tranny.

thanks everyone for the quick reply. I will be hunting for a tranny this weekend. The only downside i have heard about the LS tranny is that the syncros are usually really weak. I am not sure if this is true or not, i saw it posted on the net somewhere.

Back