tranny grinds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

i am experiencing grinds when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear and 2nd to 1st.

grinds happen weather i shift fast or slow. above 3k rpm, it seems to be worse and more occuring. below 3krpm, it doesnt always happen.

i tried shifting to neutral, letting the revs drop to idle speeds, putting it in gear, and reving up and letting the clutch out, but it still grinds, or is hard to put in gear.

when making a turn. i slow down to put it in second, and it is extremely hard to go in.

also when i slow down, to <15mph, it is hard to put the car into 1st gear. weather i rev it up or not.

wtf is goin on? thanks

did it just start happenning? how many miles are on your tranny? your syncros are probably worn. some people have success with performance mt fluid. or just buy a tranny from the junkyard for cheap if it bothers you.

Put in some Honda MTF, it should buy you some time. It made a huge difference in 2 of my Honda trannys.

its been happening for a while, its just getting worse as time goes by.

i changed the tranny fluid, didnt do anything

the car has 47k miles on it

should i replace the syncro? buy a rebuild kit? i dont want a new tranny, id rather replace the syncro/whatever i need to.

Back