Tranny Help Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright, about 3 weeks ago i was bored and so i changed all the fluids in my car, including the tranny fluid. both auto zone and oreillys told me to put 10w-30 motor oil in it, i thought it sounded weird b/c well its not tranny oil but i figured they would know, the tranny holds 2 quarts and i got probably about 1 and 1/4 of a quart in. so i put it in and then about a week later i went on a trip about 2 hours away and when i got up into the city i would have to stop alot and when i would stop and then try to go again it wouldnt go in gear. but when it would go in gear i had to practically jam it into 2nd and start off in 2nd, not first . then on the way home it would shift normal but everytime i would go into 3rd it would grind hardcore. then the next morning when i got up and went to school it was perfect, it shifted more smother then it ever has before. and its been perfect for the past 2 weeks until today. it is doing the same damn thing again so i dont know what is wrong. my best guess is that i need to finish filling it up. i mean i know thats it but i was just wondering if it could have anything to do w/ my clutch. and no its not my slave or master cylinder b/c i replaced those about 1 month ago so they are still good. but if someone could just help me out that would be great.
cody

Ok why would you drive it without filling the tranny?
You need to fill it, 10-30 is OK, add some marvel mystery oil with it. OR drain it and replace with Honda MTF, it's good stuff.

Back