Tranny help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That Guy

Hi. I have a B16a mated to a transmission that doesn't have the serial number tag on it. It has LSD. How would I be able to find out exactly what transmission it is? I'm guessing it's a Y1 since it's cable and mated to an Obd0 B16a but I want to be sure. I don't see LSD stamped on the tranny.

Also, since it's a cable tranny and I need a hydro one for the car I am eventually putting the B16a in.... Is it possible to switch the two differentials so that I can have LSD in the hydro tranny (assuming I figure out which tranny this is and buy the same one)? Or can I swap it between any B series transmission?

Thanks!

swapping the differentials can get tricky, alot of the tranny parts are compatable, but you would have to see if the bearings are beveled or straight on the diff to match the transmission housing you are putting it in, you may also have to change the ring gear on the differential so that it works with the new transmission's counter shaft.
and to answer your first question, it is probably a y1 tranny, but don't quote me on it.

Back