tranny input shaft headache

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFDX

i bought a cable trans form a guy who told me it was from a 91 teg, so i purchace an ACT clutch kit for a 91 teg, i go test fit the clutch disc on the input shaft and to my suprise , it does not fit... therefore i have a 92 or 93 cable trans. my question is... can i just use a clutch disk for a 92-93 cable trans with a flywheel and pressure plate for a 91 cable trans. now it looks like i can but i want some clarification before i spend yet more money and as i have opened the ACT clutch kit i doubt i can return it. thanks

i'm almost 100% sure that you can. i ran into this problem as well but i can't recall whether i bought a whole new clutch kit or just replaced the disc. i believe you can because all the other specs between 90-93 are identical.

yeah i just compared the '91 clutch kit i bought to the same spec clutch kit from the same manufacturer for the '92 and '93 and the only difference is the disc itself. i don't know why i didn't think to do that first

Last edited:
I just took my engine/tranny out my crx to find it had the wrong clutch on it like u describe. The clutch fit loose on the splines and would wobble around. I had been beating the dog #$%& out of it the whole time and I cant believe it didnt tear up the splines.

No I am not the one who put the wrong clutch in, I got the car like that. It worked for a long time but I do not advise doing it.

Back