Tranny Problem .. Advise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18delsol

Ok heres the problem, i have a B-series Tranny in my del sol and I think i scrap it too hard and theres a small crack on the bottom of the tranny and it is leaking lots oil slowly. the crack is about this long >----- . How can i fix this problem without buying a new tranny. And would there be anything wrong with it since theres a crack. I thought about welding and JB cold Weld. ANY advise???

Right Way to fix=take to fabricator/expierenced welder

Ghetto/Cheap Way=Product called Quick Steel--its like this putty that hardens and can take high temps--which has stopped the leak in my friends tranny who did the same thing as you for four months and counting!

Edit: If you do the ghetto cheap way your gonna have to get the fluid leak stopped and tranny clean, so in the least plan on draining it and maybe trying some creative jacking positions :shrug2:

Also, duct tape will never work. . .

Yeah, I have the same problem. I tried JB welding it...did't work out too well, but you should try it anyway. My crack was so small you couldn't really see it, so I don't think i got it all covered.

Back