tranny question ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm not sure were to post this question, i just picked up a motor/tranny linkage for free and was wondering if the tranny will fit on my 94 civic, it came out of an si 90 or 91, D15B1 motor with manual tranny and linkage, i couldnt find anything in the articles about it, does anyone know if i can use this tranny (L3 i belive ) on my D16Z6 ?

thanks
sorry if i posted this topic in the wrong area :confused:

can it be done, yes... but you'll need to do a hydro-to -cable conversion... and that's just pointless....

you need a tranny from a 92-00 civic (non 99-00 si) for a direct bolt in.

but it will bolt up to the block, reason is that i have any auto and want to switch to stick, the motor was free so i said what the heck. if i get peadals and cable ass. how hard would the rest be, also will my old axles work ?

you'll spend MUCH MORE money trying to make it work then just going out and buying a z6 or y8 tranny in the first place. don't hack up your car for no good reason. z6 tranny's are everywhere for 125-150 bucks... and you can probably get clsoe to that for the one you have, so long as its in good condition,.

Back