tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

birdnuts6

i picked up a tranny from a friend and he said it was an 96 ex tranny off a sohc..ive been looking everywhere and have not found that code anywhere...the other numbers are s401153063 or e7h pha not sure about the first part....if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it. i need to know what kind of tranny this is so that way i know im getting what i want.

birdnuts

The number for the tranny should be on a white label underneath a barcode. It should be the first part of the number like this.

gallery_26836_223_1105036082.jpg

Ben

yeah i know thats the code but how do you distinguish between it being an ex si lx dx and so on....i know that an s20 is a 5th gen and i think to my knowledge that an s40 is a sixth gen the only problem is how do you tell the difference in models..all the transmission specs dont list the different codes between 6th gen trannies and thast what i need/....as for example on 5th gens its a0000 b0000 that tell you what the differences are.. if anyone out there can help me please i would like to know that im not getting fucked over here on this tranny.

bird

Back