transaxle problems need help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knuckz new eg

new eg hatch
hey man i type new to hondas and my 95 eg hatch transaxle is toast thass whut they tellling me i aint wanna pay for it to get fixed cha can tell whut i wud need to do to fix it...........all i kno is that tha transaxle or driveshaft keeps comin out

hey man i type new to hondas and my 95 eg hatch transaxle is toast thass whut they tellling me i aint wanna pay for it to get fixed cha can tell whut i wud need to do to fix it...........all i kno is that tha transaxle or driveshaft keeps comin out

.... What? I speak english... sorry

iight i went to go check my oil n get a oil change and they told me i had a transaxle leak so i didnt think nothin of it and now my transaxle is completly smashed i went to get it towed and the guy told me that my driveshaft is messed up im thinkin there aint a pin to keep the axle in place it just keeps coming loose and poppin out whut do i need to get it fixed and how to fix it

Well, what it sounds like is the cv axle joint came apart because you had a split boot and the grease came out over time, then the joint started to click, then you didn't fix it so it came apart. Did it put a hole in your tranny? I have seen this before. Your 18 so this will be a learning experience for you. Maybe you had a small tranny leak and let it run dry? I am trying to understand you to be honest. 32 inch nut, I think, is at the end of you cv axle, good luck getting it loose, it either takes a good power air tool or alot of weight with a long leverage bar. Once that is loose then take off the brake components then the nuckle sp? piece loose then stick a flat big screw driver in between where the axle goes into the tranny and pry it out. Then you need to take the old shaft seal out and put a new one in. Then replace the axle with the new one. I
If you messed up your Tranny you will be taking out your axle anyways so it can be replaced. Good Luck.

naw i dont got a hole in the tranny and the tranny leak wasnt so big so i didnt run it out dry the axle stays in place untill i hit a bump or hit a turn to hard i think im just missing something to keep it in place

Back