1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transaxle problems need help asap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by knuckz new eg, Sep 9, 2008.

1. knuckz new eg

knuckz new eg new eg hatch

hey man i type new to hondas and my 95 eg hatch transaxle is toast thass whut they tellling me i aint wanna pay for it to get fixed cha can tell whut i wud need to do to fix it...........all i kno is that tha transaxle or driveshaft keeps comin out

2. ilubmyEG

ilubmyEG New Member

.... What? I speak english... sorry

3. knuckz new eg

iight i went to go check my oil n get a oil change and they told me i had a transaxle leak so i didnt think nothin of it and now my transaxle is completly smashed i went to get it towed and the guy told me that my driveshaft is messed up im thinkin there aint a pin to keep the axle in place it just keeps coming loose and poppin out whut do i need to get it fixed and how to fix it

4. craiger

craiger New Member

Well, what it sounds like is the cv axle joint came apart because you had a split boot and the grease came out over time, then the joint started to click, then you didn't fix it so it came apart. Did it put a hole in your tranny? I have seen this before. Your 18 so this will be a learning experience for you. Maybe you had a small tranny leak and let it run dry? I am trying to understand you to be honest. 32 inch nut, I think, is at the end of you cv axle, good luck getting it loose, it either takes a good power air tool or alot of weight with a long leverage bar. Once that is loose then take off the brake components then the nuckle sp? piece loose then stick a flat big screw driver in between where the axle goes into the tranny and pry it out. Then you need to take the old shaft seal out and put a new one in. Then replace the axle with the new one. I
    If you messed up your Tranny you will be taking out your axle anyways so it can be replaced. Good Luck.

5. knuckz new eg

naw i dont got a hole in the tranny and the tranny leak wasnt so big so i didnt run it out dry the axle stays in place untill i hit a bump or hit a turn to hard i think im just missing something to keep it in place

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted