Transmission Filter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolcharlie

i bought one today for my 93 del sol SI auto .it is supposed to run from the line from the raditor, i cannot see it ..where is it located..the filter looks like a little fuel filter..can anyone help..

Last edited:
that's not right....the filter is INSIDE the transmission...not inline from the radiator. that's why you can't find it. what i think you did is bought an inline filter to make it so you don't have to get into the tranny, right? you can do that but it will require modifications... pull a tranny line from the radiator( doesn't matter which, pick one) and take a 6 inch section of it and cut it off. hold on to it, you'll see what i'm sayin here in a sec.. now take the filter and hook it into the tranny line that you cut (leading to or from the radiator, which ever one you picked) and tighten it down with the provided hose clamps. now grab that little piece of tranny lne you cut and push it onto the other side of the filter. tighten it down with the provided hose clamp. now push the open end into the radiator and clamp down. vioala... you now have an in-line tranny filter. hope this gets the job done for you.

Back