Transmission Fluid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

I recently had my transmission replaced and It been grinding just a little bit, sounds like they didnt add any Fluid, I did a search on the site, and I didn't find any useful information.

If something could guide me through draining my gear box that would be great.

What should kind of fluid should I purchase for this, Thanks!

I'm not positive on how to do it. Last time, I was assisted by my friend in doing mine. If I remember correctly there is a drain bolt and a bolt to put new tranny fluid in, on the passenger side near where the cv axle meets the transmission. I hope this helps, but its been almost a year.

I personally would only use honda mtf from the dealership. I've heard you can use other stuff like regular oil, but I wouldn't ever if it was my transmission.

Alright, Well if anyone knows of an online guide or just a descriptive post explaining this, Let me know thanks!

ok the drain and the fill plugs are located near each other, jack the car up and pull the passanger side tire. At the bottom of the trans there is the drain plug, to get this out use just the drive on a socket wrench with not socket (i get the sizes confused but its the middle size one you use most of the time), now the fill plug is slightly harder to find, its on the left side of the axle as your looking at it, put the drain plug back in and pull the fill plug out, the your gonna need a funnel with a hose on it and it helps to have a buddy pour, you hold the hose in the hole, while he pours in 2 quarts of fluid, i use oem honda fluid becuase it makes my tranny shift smoother, i've also tried a straight 30 weight oil, and have heard things like this recomemded somewhat widely, if you need any claification just ask, ohh yeah, someone will probably post that it is easier to fill the tranny through the speed sensor, it is true, but its never been a problem for me so i just don't mess with it and do it how honda intended...

Back