Transmission Noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S14Civic

Hey so I have a question......my car is making a funny noise when i let the clutch out......when i press the clutch in the noise stops.....i just replaced the throw out bearing so im pretty sure its not that? Any ideas? someone said it might be the pilot bearing? if thats the case how long do i have until my transmission dies on me?

well it might be your clutch or presure plate too theres only one way to find out pull the tranny see what your working with it's not hard only takes a couple hours

replaced the clutch and flywheel as well....forgot to say that.......it was making the noise before i replaced the flywheel, clutch, and throwout bearing....i replaced those parts hoping it would fix the noise.....still making the noise though

I did the samething with my trans it was making a noise exactly like you decribed so I did the same thing replaced the clutch and the throw out bearing but it still made the same noise.it most likely is the mainshaft bearing how you know this is when you take out the trans grab the shaft of the trans and try to move it around it should not move in and out or have play in any direction.Its up to you weather you want toi rip the trans apart and replace the bearing or buy a new trans.I bought a used trans and kept my old one to fix later

Back