1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transmission question for 91 accord

Discussion in 'Accord' started by yfz450, Dec 10, 2007.

1. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

i have a 1991 accord with a h22a in it and i blew the transmission, i was thinking about putting a 5 speed in it from a accord , i was wondering what kind of a difference it would be for the torque to the top end , any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

the accord gears are longer but not so much of a big deal that id pay the extra just for a h22a tranny, if you have a accord tranny for cheap just get that one

3. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

thanks for the help, i will use the accord transmission, and i also heard that with this tranny that it will loose vtec once in a while cause of the longer gears

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

it will but not that much i had a accord tranny on mine and it never did once

5. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

Yea it's still fast with the Accord trans.. since you had the Prelude box already you might notice a difference but it's not a huge deal. I dropped an H22 in my friend's 91 Accord with the Accord box and it ran away from my GSR so it's still pretty quick with the longer tranny.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted