transmisson questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 92-95 b16 motor i want to put in a gsr tranny will it be slower or about the same ??? it might sound dumb and i already searched ?? does any one know??

The model trany you have now would help, but basicly yes, the GSR is the fastest trany aside from the type R and what not. People mismatch final drives and what not but overall the GSR/type R tranys will be best. The jdm models will have an LSD along with the Type r models.

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 6 2005, 09:03 PM
The model trany you have now would help, but basicly yes, the GSR is the fastest trany aside from the type R and what not. People mismatch final drives and what not but overall the GSR/type R tranys will be best. The jdm models will have an LSD along with the Type r models.
[post=470062]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:
you should have a y21 in your car right now....stick with it...better ratios than y80......with the gsr tranny you will be able to achieve a higher speed in each gear...so with enough power it would be better, but for low to moderate mods your y21 will be better.

Hype R tranys are not normaly just laying around waiting to be sold so yeah, the most comon yet fast/strong trany is gonna be the GSR trany. The Si trany i think has a shorter 5th or something but its not really ideal if you ask me. Driving on the freeway now kinda sucks.

Back