Trash Police

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
The Trash Police
Forget the military draft. Pittsburgh's government has already got its captive citizens hard at work. Unless residents of that city do government-mandated work, they are fined. (Whips are so 20th century.)

The work in question is sorting trash in the service of making money for the city's recycling program. It turns out the city cannot make money on its recycling biz unless it forces residents to recycle and sort garbage into neat, market-ready categories.

Thus far about 100 citations for $62.50 each have been levied. A second refusal to work for the state brings with it a $500 fine, a hefty punishment that city officials are understandably reluctant to use. But coercing citizens into supporting a city's economically unsustainable business venture is vile on its own terms.

more at http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/08/07...s.ap/index.html

i don't really think of any municipal recycling programs as being on the fortune 500...

sounds more like you sort your own trash for recycling, or they raise taxes to hire someone to do it for you...

do your part...

Im 100% for recycling however when it comes to FORCING you to do so I have a problem with that.

This country was once a free country

in 50-100 years this country is going to suck ass

Originally posted by jeffie7@Aug 14 2004, 09:04 AM
Im 100% for recycling however when it comes to FORCING you to do so I have a problem with that.

This country was once a free country

in 50-100 years this country is going to suck ass
[post=376819]Quoted post[/post]​

Eh I recycle and compost everything anyway so I am not too worried about this. However I do think Policing it is both good, and bad. I think it is time for people to start giving a shit about recycling, however I do not think that we should be forcing them, I think it should be a personal decision.

:werd:

I recycle and encourage my housemates to do it, but to charge a fine for not recycling is rediculous. To think, we are paying people with our taxes to waste their time thinking up these kind of laws. they should be fired. SlO county is cool in that the garbage service gives you a choice of how big a garbage can you want to put out every week. The bigger ones just cost a bit more, so if you are cheap, you just use the recycling can they provide for free. Of course then there are people like my housemates, who put trash in the recycling can...idiots

fuck this commie bullshit. im so sick of government mandated bullshit.

people are just fucking sheep, and the ones who hate it wont do anything about it.

Hejmanowski and his crew fan out and check trash bags once residents place them out for pickup.

"If I find a recyclable item in your bag, I leave you with a warning subject to a $600 (maximum) fine," he said. Likewise, if he finds trash in recycling.

"I run a very tight program. I'm an ex-Marine and I run this like it was Parris Island," Hejmanowski said.

and fuck you asshole. this isnt fucking parris island. charlie isnt going to steal your fucking trash.

we recycle at my house, but so what? fuck you if you mother fuckers are gonna fine me cuz i put one plastic bottle in the black bag. pieces of shit.

Well...the trash problem was real big in Japan...and I hope it doesn't get that bad here.

Nowdays in Japan......

When you buy a TV, kitchen appliance, or any large household item...you have to pay an extra 3-6% trash tax...

All Garbage bags are CLEAR....any black garbage bags will not be picked up, and the police will come and open that bag and look for any name or address in it...and there will be a huge fine.

If it can be recycled...then recyle it....if they find it in your clear trash bag, they will not pick it up...and the thrash guys will turn the bag over to the police.

and a lot of other bs...it's bad in JApan, but in the last 10 years....they have coped with the new laws, and it actually has been a better place.

I was reading an artical about CA....

IF you have a pool, any stagnat water or standing water on your property, then if the police finds out about it, you will get a $1000 fine.

They are about to do the same law in CT...and that would mean that my landlord will get fined out the ass.... :)

new york is charging a 2 dollar tax on the purchase/sale of new tires to fund the recycling program for the old tires you are replacing...

Back