trasmission question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18jdm

my friends synchro from hes type r is griding in second gear when you go to third, where could i find one for cheap?? and how hard would it be to get it fix?? any tips are helpfull

What kind of mileage is on the tranny? Has he changed his tranny fluid recently? Try adding a quart of GM Synchromesh with the rest being Honda MTF fluid and see if that helps.

I heard that synchros are a bitch to work on. The parts are available through a dealership.

i think he has less that 20k, ill pass the message on and hopefully it does work, so the best place would be to get the synchro from the dealer, we got to make some call then, thanx

Originally posted by b18jdm+Dec 9 2004, 02:22 PM-->
my friends synchro from hes type r is griding
b18jdm
@Dec 9 2004, 02:40 PM
i think he has less that 20k
[post=429458]Quoted post[/post]​

So your friend has a Type R with less than 20K miles on it and the tranny is grinding? Isn't it still covered under warranty? If so, just take it to a dealership.

Ah okay, but having grinds at 20K miles is rather unusual. Is your friend not good at shifting? Well good luck to him.

you can pick up a dx tranny for under 50 bucks.

sOOO much easiesr to just swap the whole tranny than to open up the case of a tranny, and so not worth your time. the insides of trannys have about 23424232423423 pieces.

a manual tranny is really easy to work on. there are not alot to them auto on the other hand suck. get a service manual for the traany and take your time on a scale of 1-10 i would rate a manual tranny rebuild at a 7.5 (need a bunch of tools)

somthing like build a 4 link from the ground up or designing a 1 link supension sits at a 10 the tube chassis was about a 12 building a turb manifold is a 9 full engine rebuild was a 8.5-9

I am swapping my 94 civic dx 5spd next week, putting in a 95 ls motor and transmission..

My tranny is still very good. If you buy me beer you can have it. The old clutch too.. probably even axles too..

Back