trouble code 5,7...b16 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wickedplastikman

i just finally finished my first swap.......or so i thought. it was the b16 into a 91 crx si. the car runs extremely rough. checked the ecu and i am throwing codes 5 and 7. code 5 is map sensor. i havent checked the ignition timing or cam timing yet because i am fairly confident that i have my vacuum lines all screwed up.

so my question is, can somebody take some pictures of their vacuum lines and where they run to and post a link for me?

as far as the code 7, i am going to replace the sensor since i took it off the stock si motor and just hope that it just wasnt the same piece. any help would be extremely appreciated.

you sure you don't got the wires switched...haha thats what we did with my buddies civic durning his swap, damn thing ran soo funny, you'd step on the gas and it would die out, haha we pulled over, flipped em and it twas all good

no. i made sure that all the electrical was ok. then i double checked that. i'm going to get a new map sensor and throttle position sensor and just hope it is that simple...if not, i'll be doing some more trouble shooting.

Try this,
fcfd0254.jpg

ok. i rerouted all the vacuum lines and fixed the code 5 problem, but i am still throwing the code 7. the engine is still running sluggish. it seems like it is getting more air that fuel, and it backfires occasionally in the intake.

anybody got any ideas?

Go ahead with your idea of changing the TPS. If the TPS is actually bad the car will run like complete shit because your motors ECU doesn't know if your at wide open or fully closed. I would definately change it.

did ya switch the wires on the tps? the two outer wires must be changed around. if not the ecu will think your at wot when your at idle and vice versa.but if ya want a tps i have one ill give ya cheap.

i never switched the wires. i never even heard of switching around any wires. do you know of any instructions on what to do? if this doesnt work, i will be interested in buying the tps from you.

thanks

damn i just realized that you have an si. i dont think there are any switching of the wires cause you already had mpfi. but its a maybe...switch the green white/ yellow white wires around. see if that fixes it. if not make me an offer on my extra one.

Back