Trouble codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TAzz

I am having some serious problems trying to find the RIGHT connector plug with the two wires that i need to jump to retrive my codes. Let me explain. I have a 92 civic lx and i can not get it to start. Fuel pump is fine,i even primed the injectors(turn key on and off) and it still wont start. I found my obd 1 unit and i was told that this elusive plug with two wires in it was close to the unit and that it should just be hanging there not pluged into anything. I CANT FIND THE DAMN THING!!!!! Could someone please help me find this plug so i can jump it to get my codes and find out what is wrong with my car? PLEASE!

Thank you in advance
TAzz

If it is like a 99 civic it is on the passenger side on the right hand side behind the plastic pannel. If it hasnt been checked before it will be in a rubber green neon boot...

Quoted post[/post]]
If it is like a 99 civic it is on the passenger side on the right hand side behind the plastic pannel. If it hasnt been checked before it will be in a rubber green neon boot...
I have seen that green rubber boot but it looks like there is a couple of small plugs in it. I dont want to jump the wrong one so what color wires do i look for. And again thank you so much.
TAzz

there should be 2 connectors. one will be a 2 pin connector with 2 wires andm the other one will be a 3 pin connector with 2 wires. you need to jump the 2 pin conector.

Quoted post[/post]]
there should be 2 connectors. one will be a 2 pin connector with 2 wires andm the other one will be a 3 pin connector with 2 wires. you need to jump the 2 pin conector.

Hey great i will look for that in the am. I Thank you all very much. This has just became my favorite site.
I have gotten more info from this site in just a few hours than i have any other site in the past week.
Thanks again
TAzz
P.S. i will let you all know how it went tomorrow.

just so you know. your CEL will blink when you jump that connecter. Long flashes represent digits in the 10s spot and short ones represent digits in the 1s spot. E.G. 2 long flashes and three short flashes = 23 (knock sensor)

Quoted post[/post]]
just so you know. your CEL will blink when you jump that connecter. Long flashes represent digits in the 10s spot and short ones represent digits in the 1s spot. E.G. 2 long flashes and three short flashes = 23 (knock sensor)

Oh man Thanks a bunch that sure helps to know.

Back