trouble doing a head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zachballa_07

just to let all you guys know ahead of time im pretty new to all this but here is my ? ok i have a zc block and im tryin to put a d16 vtec head on it. i have it done but it just ant right and i have strected my mind and a ton of others to figure out what it is and no one knows. so i was just wondering if it is possable to do so?:confused: o and i had a complet zc but it was a non vtec sohc thats why im doing the swap

Last edited:
what problems are you having I just finished the same swap. I have a SOHC ZC with a Z6 head and it runs great.

a zc has 130, unless you got a a1 or a9 or w.e i dont think its worth it. and a zc headis better i think.

ok i swaped for vtec cuz the sohc zc motor was not. the problem is it ideas fine for a min then boghs down then it will idea fine again the bogh down again and when i rev up it goes why down and sometimes kills its self . so far i have looked for a vaccum leak didnt find none,replace plugs and wire,changed ecu,and check to make sure i had everything hooked up right. so i have no idea what else it could be?

ok i took that oil jet out and still ant running right. it is acking like all the cyclenders and firing it died on me three times just going around the block. so any more ideas? and it smokes out of the exhaust its white smoke. also do u guys run just reg. gas or do u use pre. with your mini's

ok i should have done some research before tryin this lol but i have been seein that people are saying i need a adjustable cam gear and after market injectors, is this true

If you are blowing white smoke out your exhaust, that's indicative of coolant. I would check your head gasket.

And do some searching. Phyregod already told you what to look for. There are tons of articles on here and other sites that will tell you what you need and how to do it.

for injecotrs, maybe like 310cc for stock set up but anymore isnt needed. as for white smoke. comp.test it and check your oil for white stuff, and your puttin in a single cam zc? im confused to what your doing again

for injecotrs, maybe like 310cc for stock set up but anymore isnt needed. as for white smoke. comp.test it and check your oil for white stuff, and your puttin in a single cam zc? im confused to what your doing again
ok about the injectotrs but im putting a d16 vtec head on a non vtec zc block instead of the orginal sohc zc head

i think i found out the problemi have no comp. in clynders three of four but i do have them in one and two

yeah y ou have to replace the oil jet, and by zc you mean d15b? or d16a1 or w.e imconfused.
does your zc have vtec or no?

Back