trying to put a h-series in a del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sih8tch

i just recently purchased a h22 motor and a 93 del sol. i was gonna put the h22 in my hatch, but im thinking about putting the h22 in the del sol now. i was wondering, is the engine bay for the del sol the same as the 92-95 civics? and what do i have to do to make it fit in perfectly? will i have to do any shaving or anything? i really need some help on this. thanks

hasport mounts, new axles, new chip, etc.

should adjust your suspension a bit too, or upgrade it if its stock

there will be an extra 80lbs in the front end of your car

Originally posted by sih8tch@Oct 27 2003, 01:14 PM
i just recently purchased a h22 motor and a 93 del sol. i was gonna put the h22 in my hatch, but im thinking about putting the h22 in the del sol now. i was wondering, is the engine bay for the del sol the same as the 92-95 civics? and what do i have to do to make it fit in perfectly? will i have to do any shaving or anything? i really need some help on this. thanks

Yes it is the exact same engine bay, and you need all the same things for the swap (i.e. axles, shift linkage and assembly, motor mounts) just like the other guy said.

yes it is definetly possible to put an h22 into a 93 del sol as i have just done it about a week ago and let me tell you its pretty damn quick. i have tokico illumia front struts w/ skunk2 coilovers, enjo mounts, aem fuel rail, cai, stock header. i ran a bmw m5 with my cheap slicks on the 8th mile and i beat him by.020! those cars have 394 hp. the VTEC on those engines engages harder than any other dohc that ive ever driven. i guarentee you will be super happy once its all done.

btw if you have any questions or problems u need answered just hit me up.
evilcheese@cox.net

Back