tune up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

i went to my local honda dealer to see if they would tune up my swap, but they said they wouldnt because it came out of an integra and it was from japan.

would an acura dealer do a regular tune up and put a new timing belt on?

i plan on going turbo but not right now, but should i get new cams when i get the timing belt changed?

i need all the specs on a JDMB18C so when i take it they wont have any questions
so post all you know about a JDMB18C and what i should do for this first tune up since ive had it put in.

when i was doing my swap, also a jdm b18c, i was having some difficulits removing my crank shaft pully to change the timing belt. I called honda as a possible last resort option and asked how much for them to do my timing belt. They said approx $300 and that was with me providing the belt. Then i let them know it wasn't the stock motor and they transfered me to the manager who told me they don't work on "heavily modified vehicles" for insurance pruposes. Anyway I came across a Honda/Acura crank shaft pulley remover from a guy in a MAC Tools truck and once i got the pulley off it was a breeze. So anyway its not that bad to do yourself, especially if you are doing the swap yourself. You just may want to find a MAC Tool guy though ...

get the parts for the US version of the B18C that you have (GSR or ITR) then just do the work yourself... its really not that hard

word-

but that said, your dealership obviously doesn't know dick about cars. the jdm and the usdm gsr motors are practically identical- minus the pistons, cams, and ecu.

as for upgrading your cams- why bother? i've seen gsr cams make over 600 whp on boost cars. use your boost- not your wallet :)

Back