Tuning Jun 3 Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9r

i put in my jun 3 cams w/ toda valve springs and retainers last week. its a b18c5 with a mugen head gasket and 310cc injectors.
ive heard that setting the cam gears to +3 for both i+e is optimum for the jun 3s on 1.8L engines, though i havent changed the timing yet. i romped on it for the first time last night and when i looked in my rear view, i saw more smoke than usual, black smoke.
does this mean i am running rich? I am using a vafc to tune with but ive read that damn manual six times and i still cant figure out how to adjust the fuel delivery. any help is appreciated. Im scheduled for dyno time in early August.

whooo buddie I consulted Todd at jun and he told me that each mark on the cam gear is 11/2 degrees and that u probably should not need to adjust eather side by more than 2 degrees adv or ret. and about the vafc it is a wise idea to tune that on a dyno along with the cams and have an experianced import tuner to do the fuel settings and adjustments u have alot invested Id hate to see it go up in smoke. other wise if u can find some one with the same equipment who have had succesful dyno runs u could set it exactly like that. But becareful also it might be abetter idea to get rid of your vafc and get a hondata ecu or comprable thats what I did and it works alot better. I have a jun type 3 head kit and lots of othe mods like your give me a pm if u want mare info. :unsure:

Back