Tuning programs questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

labe lincoln

Okay I'm ready to start messing around with my engine tuning. I would like to have a laptop in my car for all the engine management, and tuning. I don't really know much about all this yet. Will I need a special ecu to start off with and then what kind of tuning programs are out there that will let me do this? I want something I can download onto the laptop and change my map settings, and keep an eye on everything while in the car driving.

You need to be able to solder well. Have a low power pencil soldering iron. Moates Ostrich. Moates Burn1. EEPROM chips (Moates stocks em). PLX wideband with sensor (Moates has these too).

s300 or crome pro. s300 is backed by the company a lil better. crome can do all but datalog. crome pro datalogs. s300 does everything, and nicely.

www.hondata.com
www.tunewithcrome.com
www.moates.net

neptune is good too, as well as ectune. and if you dont want to get into modifying your ecu yourself, there are lots of places that will do it for you. once your ecu is chipped and socketed you can use any one of these programs to tune your car.

how about skunk2 hondata ecu. its basically the s3000 correct and comes with software? How does all this connect to my laptop.

Screw the skunk2, just get the S300 direct from hondata....

It uses a proprietary serial RS232 to USB cable.

Back