Tuning the fuel..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Treezy

Evasive Illusions
Received answer in another thread.. 1000cc injectors on a 320whp build and is fine by tune.

Quick question.. I'm building a boosted GSR for 550-600whp, but will be tuning it back after the dyno to 350whp. This is because I'll be driving it on the street without a good suspension/tire setup at first and need traction. When I tune it back, will simply tuning the S300 be enough to control the fuel, or should I look at changing the injectors to a more restrictive flow? Even if the tune is enough, would it be better to install smaller injectors and tune to that just to make sure I don't wash my cylinders? Sorry guys, first honda build.. Been using a carb :D

Last edited:
Nah, you'll be fine. Just make sure you get someone who understands hondata who tunes your car.

Honestly, you'll probably get the same fuel economy with 550-600 as you will with 320-350 if you've got a talented tuner. As long as the tune is just scaled back, then you won't have an issue with wash-out. Just let the tuner do his/her thing to get you to your power goals.

I would stick with the larger injectors, with Hondata s300, he/she can configure an auxilary fuel/timing map for a high/low power setting. Imagine a street tune vs race tune switch.

Back