1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning the fuel..

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Treezy, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Treezy

Treezy Evasive Illusions

Currently in Iraq
    Received answer in another thread.. 1000cc injectors on a 320whp build and is fine by tune.

Quick question.. I'm building a boosted GSR for 550-600whp, but will be tuning it back after the dyno to 350whp. This is because I'll be driving it on the street without a good suspension/tire setup at first and need traction. When I tune it back, will simply tuning the S300 be enough to control the fuel, or should I look at changing the injectors to a more restrictive flow? Even if the tune is enough, would it be better to install smaller injectors and tune to that just to make sure I don't wash my cylinders? Sorry guys, first honda build.. Been using a carb :D
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Nah, you'll be fine. Just make sure you get someone who understands hondata who tunes your car.

Honestly, you'll probably get the same fuel economy with 550-600 as you will with 320-350 if you've got a talented tuner. As long as the tune is just scaled back, then you won't have an issue with wash-out. Just let the tuner do his/her thing to get you to your power goals.

I would stick with the larger injectors, with Hondata s300, he/she can configure an auxilary fuel/timing map for a high/low power setting. Imagine a street tune vs race tune switch.
Draft saved Draft deleted