Turbo Air intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
so i have this huge airfilter and i was considering options to have it fit where it needs to.
I know the best thing to do would be what promotes best flow.
the options i arrived at are:

since the inlet on my turbo is 2.25inches and the collar of the air filter is 3.5inches, i would buy a 3.5inch rubber plug and cut a 2.25 or slightly smaller hole in the center so it fits tightly around the turbo inlet. having the filter right on the turbo. downside is there isn't a smooth transition and it would by less than 12 inches from my exhaust manifold

another option i could do, using my mad fabbing skilz.
create an intake plenum that would mount between the turbo and filter, with this i could move my intake away from the hot exhaust but it would put more distance between the turbo and intake filter causing friction in the flow .

Last edited:
damn macs for not having ms paint other wise i would have them
I am wondering what are your opinions on mounting the airfilter right on the turbo vs. having the filter elsewhere in the engine bay seperated by tubing.

Last edited:
i figured out a way
2" to 3" rubber plumbing adapter squeezed to fit inside the air filter the two inch end gets attached to the turbo the outer 3inch cuff of the air filter is flush fits against the turbo so the air filter is locked on to the adapter and fits great.

next time i'm up there i'll take a picture, now i'm fabbing oil fittings because i am too stubborn to buy another set after loosing the first ones i ordered.

Back