Turbo B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

k, i got a first gen b16a. the motor has not given me any problems as of yet. Now i was wondering, would it be safe to run a turbo on it? my plans are to get a hondata system, hks turbo head gasket, but i want to leave the internals alone...i will do all the fuel upgrades and stuff, but do you guys think that the bottom end will be able to handle the boost? i wanted to run about 10 psi...oh yah, the kit i will be using consists of a t3/t4 turbo, spearco intercooler, and 450cc injectors...only costing me about 1075 with all charge pipes...brand new too!

<_< Don't even think about 10psi on a stock B16 bottom end. Your piston ring seats will crack just like mine did. Around 5psi is ok 7psi max on ocashion . 7-12psi you need pistons, 12-17psi you need pistons and rods 20psi sleves, pistons,and rods.

450s- i'm assuming DSM injectors? hondata will not work well with these. they even have a write up on hondata.com as to how bad dsm injecotr's suck.

get rc 440's. much better, proper impedence.

don't listen to war machine. he's an internet booster and has probably never built a boosted car in his life.

you will be fine on 10 psi on your stock block. get a good base map, and good tuner, and your hondata will control you and you won't blow up. tune it on the conservative side.... 12:1-12.5:1 for air/fuel and set the ignition maps down a couple degrees, and you will be fine.

thank you geezus for your enlightened insight...haha, i just read your other post...but yah thanks for responding, i wanted somebody besides a noobie to respond...

where did you pick up that turbo kit from? and only $1075, that's a freaking deal.
i'm totally against forced induction but my mind can easily be changed if I can pick up a turbo for that cheap.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 16 2003, 10:40 AM
where did you pick up that turbo kit from? and only $1075, that's a freaking deal.
i'm totally against forced induction but my mind can easily be changed if I can pick up a turbo for that cheap.

hahaha fair weather fan.

Liquid...are you making fun of me? :(

you know what i mean by what i said...

"don't be hatin'"- Jamie Kennedy as B-rad in Malibu's Most Wanted

J/P :D

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 16 2003, 12:54 PM
Liquid...are you making fun of me? :(

you know what i mean by what i said...

"don't be hatin'"- Jamie Kennedy as B-rad in Malibu's Most Wanted

J/P :D

haha I'm just kiddin around, no beef :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by WarMachine@Apr 15 2003, 11:25 AM
<_< Don't even think about 10psi on a stock B16 bottom end. Your piston ring seats will crack just like mine did. Around 5psi is ok 7psi max on ocashion . (not ture)7-12psi you need pistons, 12-17psi you need pistons and rods 20psi sleves, pistons,and rods.

<_< ummm if it is tuned right you can run 10psi :ph34r: on a stock b16 bottem end thats if your useing a good turbo kit and not a junk yard kit...... REV HARD#1

I speak from experianc . I boosted my generation 1 b16 and all ring landings broke. 94 civic EX T3/T4 real life street racer. Same thing happend to a super charged civic. When engines are old thing brake. Cars with real power brake stuff. Don't beleve me boost your to your harts delight. :doh:

go ahead and boost that motor to 10psi....just make sure that your fuel delivery is right on....you dont want to be detinating....just remember more boost=more horsepower........ :p

It's all in the tuning people, if you know how to tune your ride properly and have the rigth skills you can make really anything go quick. I say stay conservative when boosting without the car tuned and then just get it tuned.

Milan

Back