1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo B18c Build...finishing up this spring

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 98civicproject, Feb 24, 2008.

1. 98civicproject

98civicproject New Member

I have a jdm b18c. so far this has became a huge dent in my wallet. i would like to know if i should spend more money on extra parts, like, "is it nessesary to buy aftermarket cams or have head work done""Seals and gaskets", stuff like that. I am not trying to cheap out now, over 12k into motor and car in past year. this is my first honda build, k guys. I am turbocharging and shooting for 400hp+.my current set up is:

Jdm b18c,JEpistons 9:1, bored and sleeved to 84mm, Eagle rods, Eagle Crank, blueprint and balanced.

My mechanic is asking if i want head work done, is it nessesary. I heard gsr heads already have a high flow.I will buy arp head bolts and felpro gaskets.

2. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

There's a guy by the name of Larry Widmer (Owner/Operater of Energy Dynamics, or Endyn) that had a good writeup on an NA B16 build that made 300whp. He considred a lot of heads when he did that, like the B16 and GSR heads. He liked the final flow characteristics of the B16 head more than the GSR.

I would do headwork if I had the funds and I was that far into it already. Maybe some mild cams.

But, I have no experiance there.

Keep us posted, seems like a real nice build you've got goin.

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Build the head. You will regret it later if you don't.

4. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

^hes right,,just build the head..less wated time in the long run

5. 98civicproject

yea, i was just gonna get a felpro head gasket. but ive seen that felpro makes gasket and seal replacement kits.I'll consider that.The motor will be boosted like i said and i looked at some turbo applicable cams from Crower that cost 500.00, which requires a spring and Ti retainer kit 400.00. The prices are on Crower.com. is there another distibuter to where i get the same product for less $$$$$.keep it coming guys. keep you posted on my build. thx

6. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

7. 98civicproject

thx for the links. i checked em out and i will probably use a couple of them. I google this stuff all the time and i always end up at the manufacturer, not the distributer. if ya have any more links, post em

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted