Turbo B18c Build...finishing up this spring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98civicproject

I have a jdm b18c. so far this has became a huge dent in my wallet. i would like to know if i should spend more money on extra parts, like, "is it nessesary to buy aftermarket cams or have head work done""Seals and gaskets", stuff like that. I am not trying to cheap out now, over 12k into motor and car in past year. this is my first honda build, k guys. I am turbocharging and shooting for 400hp+.my current set up is:

Jdm b18c,JEpistons 9:1, bored and sleeved to 84mm, Eagle rods, Eagle Crank, blueprint and balanced.

My mechanic is asking if i want head work done, is it nessesary. I heard gsr heads already have a high flow.I will buy arp head bolts and felpro gaskets.

There's a guy by the name of Larry Widmer (Owner/Operater of Energy Dynamics, or Endyn) that had a good writeup on an NA B16 build that made 300whp. He considred a lot of heads when he did that, like the B16 and GSR heads. He liked the final flow characteristics of the B16 head more than the GSR.

I would do headwork if I had the funds and I was that far into it already. Maybe some mild cams.

But, I have no experiance there.

Keep us posted, seems like a real nice build you've got goin.

^hes right,,just build the head..less wated time in the long run

yea, i was just gonna get a felpro head gasket. but ive seen that felpro makes gasket and seal replacement kits.I'll consider that.The motor will be boosted like i said and i looked at some turbo applicable cams from Crower that cost 500.00, which requires a spring and Ti retainer kit 400.00. The prices are on Crower.com. is there another distibuter to where i get the same product for less $$$$$.keep it coming guys. keep you posted on my build. thx

thx for the links. i checked em out and i will probably use a couple of them. I google this stuff all the time and i always end up at the manufacturer, not the distributer. if ya have any more links, post em

Back