turbo d16 or b16 n/a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shfaster

sup everyone. i have a eg coupe with a d16z6. i'm not sure what to do. do i turbo charge my stock motor(even though its got 130,000 miles on it), or do i swap a b16a2 in there. Right now i think the best idea is to swap it with the b16, but if u guys think otherwise, please let me know. thanks. btw, i know i'll be 15's with stock b16, and 14's in turbo d16. plus, would it be better to get a new flywheel with a b16(to make it rev faster), would it really make that much of a difference, and also anything will help me, any info or tips on what to do. thanks again

Assuming your D16 is in good shape and you only have the money to spend on either a swap or turbo, I would:

Drag - turbo the D16

Road course - swap to B16

Originally posted by shfaster@May 9 2004, 02:19 AM
btw, i know i'll be 15's with stock b16, and 14's in turbo d16.

You could easily wind up running 16's on a boosted D series, and B16A hatchs have dipped into the high 13's with only bolt ons.

thanks everybody, i think i've decided on the b16. now i just need to find a flywheel and stuff, but now i have another problem. i've done research on this stuff, but i just like to have it directly verified just cuz of all the info on the internet its easy to get something confused. anyway though, i found this b16a2 complete swap, but it has an ls tranny. now i know the ls tranny has longer gear ratios so it won't be as much torque, but the guy is only asking 1700 for everything where as the place i was gonna get it from is 2450. i don't have the money to be able to do anything more than bolt on's once i get the motor, so what should i do. should i invest more to get the one with the b16 tranny or just do the ls. it's kinda hard to decide, so what do u guys think. thanks :worthy:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 10 2004, 02:42 PM-->
@May 9 2004, 02:19 AM
btw, i know i'll be 15's with stock b16, and 14's in turbo d16.

You could easily wind up running 16's on a boosted D series, and B16A hatchs have dipped into the high 13's with only bolt ons.

But, that is also gutted....he has a coupe....big difference in EX coupe and CX hatch. Have you looked into building a D16Y8/T?

A couple people in the official DOHC vtec thread on H-T have hit high 13's in 5th gen Si's, not a huge weight difference, but it was really just an analogy, for not being able to accurately gauge your times through an internet board.

A turboed d16 will be faster then 16's haha... i have a d16y7 (wow haha) boosted on a t3 43ar... stock tires... 2.5 exhaust with no cat.... i run high 14's... i will beat stock b16's all day long.... a stock b16 will not run 13's stock..!

hehe i posted a 14.89 with my ls hatch, mods listed in sig..
full interior..
but yes turbo d's have alot of potential if done right. id say build then boost.

yeah i believe that... but thats not 13's like the other dude said that a stock b series can do... haha that was funny.

sohc all the way... d16z6 in the making..... almost done.... fully built bottom end... and lets just say its gonna be cammin too... cant wait to put the d series to the test and whoop some a$$

Hey

Hey,

I got a B16A for sale if you are interested. It is OBD0. I'll include the motor, wire harness, ECU and some ENJO motor mounts that will fit 88-91 CRX for about $550-$600

Back