turbo D16Z6 18 psi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Im REALLY LOST on what type of fuel management I should use for my boosted D16Z6 that will be running at about 18 psi...Hondata S200?? GReddy blue box?? Chipped ECU?? AFC HACK on 440's?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...Im not so sure if this makes sense to anyone but...ill try my best to better explain it....Thanks!!!

Im REALLY LOST on what type of fuel management I should use for my boosted D16Z6 that will be running at about 18 psi...Hondata S200?? GReddy blue box?? Chipped ECU?? AFC HACK on 440's?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...Im not so sure if this makes sense to anyone but...ill try my best to better explain it....Thanks!!!

ok, whats your setup consist of so far?

s200 = way too expensive
blue box = crap
afc hack = crap

the ONLY way i would go is chipped ECU

I assume you have a P28 right?
send it out to get socketed and chipped, then tune with a shareware type program like uberdata

i personally am going through the same sort of thing right now
i plan on getting an auto P28 converted to manual, and socketed...
but i am also getting chips, the ostrich, burn1, wideband, injectors, fuel pump, etc etc etc

you can go cheaper with dsm 440's, resistor box or inline resistors, and tuned ecu...

download uberdata and play around with it and see if you get what it all means...

what size turbo?
internals?
injectors?
fuel pump?
map sensor?

So if i get my ECU chipped..and socketed and got a laptop with the softwear...ur saying I can tune it like that?? Who should I ship my ECU out too?? Thanks

i never understand why people ask questions, then i respond to try and help them but they completely ignore the questions i post...

i am posting questions so i can better help you...

but we can play by your rules...

your minimum requirments for a self tune would be a socketed ecu, chips, a burner, a wideband, and a computer to run uberdata...

ostrich is a device that lets you make changes on the fly so you don;t have to re-burn a new chip for every change made... you should get this if you want to tune...

wideband allows you to monitor your A/F ratio...
very important to not run lean...
lean = kaplooie
rich = washed down cylinder walls, no oil, scoring etc etc

in theory you don;t need a laptop but its very helpful...

first you need to get the ECU socketed to ACCEPT a chip...
then you can have chris(xenocron) burn you a basemap, pissedoffsol is now burning base maps... or you can use the ostrich to do the tune before burning a single chip...

xenocron.com is a good resource
he helps people DIY, and will work for those who won;t DIY...

do yourself a favor and dont waste your money on a turbo setup right now. you clearly have no idea what your doing judging by your post. do some research and then come back when you have a slight idea of what your doing.

sorry about being a dick but it needed to be said.

ok...I didnt post for people to tell me to learn more and that i dont know what im doing and this and that...nor am i here to fight with anyone...IM LEARNING OFF THIS FORUM!!!! thats why I posted...To see whats the easyiest engine mangment system to run...And the easyiest to tune soooo if no one can really help me...then ill take my business else where...sorry I asked a damn question....FUCK!

Then again I fucked up by just saying that...because NOW EVERYONES gonna talk shit on me...If you got something smart to say...dont say it...PLEASE I wanna build this thing right the 1st time...anyone see my point??????

Sorry to say it, but you must be blind or stupid or both, these guys ARE helping you with what you need to know and your too dull minded to realize it. First off, you need to provide us with more info on your setup, like what turbo, what kind of power your shooting for, for street or strip, stock internals or not and such, not just your engine code.

Like CoreyR and pissedoffsol said, do yourself a favor and read read read before you go out buying shit you have no knowledge about. Figure out your budget and goals and go from there, end of story.

Oh yeah, and no one was arguing or fighting with you like you said, your just getting answers from people who have no clue what your setup or goals are. We will try to help you if you help us.

Sorry for being a dick, but your questions are getting answered and you're getting all bent over it. Chill out and read up dude.

But on the real man, good luck with the build.

ok...I didnt post for people to tell me to learn more and that i dont know what im doing and this and that...nor am i here to fight with anyone...IM LEARNING OFF THIS FORUM!!!! thats why I posted...To see whats the easyiest engine mangment system to run...And the easyiest to tune soooo if no one can really help me...then ill take my business else where...sorry I asked a damn question....FUCK!

Then again I fucked up by just saying that...because NOW EVERYONES gonna talk shit on me...If you got something smart to say...dont say it...PLEASE I wanna build this thing right the 1st time...anyone see my point??????

ok, you want help, then lets get to it...

WHATS YOUR SETUP?
INTERNALS?
TURBO SIZE?
INJECTORS?
CAR?
ECU?
OBD version?

if you knew about turbo setups, you would know what 18 psi requires.
more so, you simply pulled this number out of your ass without any knowledge of it.

18psi of what?

we have no idea what you're trying to pull off... and i'm not so sure you do either.

We're not trying to rat down your ass--- we're trying to save you from making stupid mistakes that kids come in talking like you jsut did do.

we're friendly, but if you get all defensive like that, i guarnatee your help will get less and less...

:werd: to everyone

Quoted post[/post]]
then ill take my business else where...sorry I asked a damn question....FUCK!

If you actually want to pay someone for advice, go for it. This site isn't a "business" unless you count hosting fees and advertising. Nobody makes anything here. If you're going to have an attitude and want to take off because you're not getting a response, go ahead- nobody's going to lose any money or sleep over it.

Quoted post[/post]]
We're not trying to rat down your ass--- we're trying to save you from making stupid mistakes that kids come in talking like you jsut did do.

we're friendly, but if you get all defensive like that, i guarnatee your help will get less and less...

:werd:

Go read through the forums for a while, then be patient and make sure you ask the right questions. If you don't understand something, then try to find the answer from the reference materials, and if you still don't get it, ask. We're here to help, but not to spoon feed.

Dude ask anyone on here...I ask a FEW questions about turbo stuff only becuase I STUDIED ALOT!!!. Get on TurboD16.com read through the forum...read on what other people setups are...read everything even before you register!!! don't make posts like these becuase they will tell you to search. Just read man thats what I did and I know the basics of a turbo system now and I know what I am getting into now.

Back