Turbo Hx D16y5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alabranche

has anyone here put a turbo on an hx civic (96-00)? i have one and i was wondering what kind of setup would work on my car.

please give me some info on what will work?

thanks
andy

i thought those came with a D16y7 ( i drive a 96) but thats no matter. turbokits.com might have a kit for your car but IF i were you.... trash that idea of getting a turbo. it would be hella' eaiser and cheaper to swap something in rather then trying to turbo that motor.it would be more reliable and you still have the option of turboing later. good luck on the hunt though B)

ya definatly for the price of a turbo kit you could have a motor swap plus on stock internals n stuff you probably couldnt boost more than 5-6 pounds safely

you're probably right about the engine code...i can't keep track of all of em. my originall idea was to swap a b18b into the car, but my buddies at the local custom shop i go to said i could turbo it easier and for the same money. my turbo search on the internet is proving that wrong though.

it seems like i could put a built b18b or b16a2 into the car for cheaper and yield the same results in power as a turbo kit, but be more reliable.

keep the comments coming...i want everybody's opinions.

thanks,

andy

Yep it's probably better to drop in a B-series engine than turbo'ing the HX engine.

If you really want to turbo an engine and make modest amounts of power while still having some reliability you could drop in a D16Y8 and turbo that. It wouldn't be too expensive.

But, IMO the B-series swap is a better option...and then maybe add a turbo later on

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Mar 16 2003, 09:27 PM
Yep it's probably better to drop in a B-series engine than turbo'ing the HX engine.

If you really want to turbo an engine and make modest amounts of power while still having some reliability you could drop in a D16Y8 and turbo that. It wouldn't be too expensive.

But, IMO the B-series swap is a better option...and then maybe add a turbo later on

i would definitly do a B-series swap over doing anything with an HX motor

Back