turbo is at the shop :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Geoff got the turbo in :) fuck the sc61, fuck the sc63....

welcome to the new full race design.

FR63_12.JPG

The compressor wheel is efficient to 38 psi. :) hopefully i won't get that greedy :p
Comes with a t04S housing... not the wimpy to4e :) and stage 5 wheel. It will blow ~71 lbs of air, and it is a GT series wheel. The precison sc61/63 blow in the upper 60's ( I want to say 68 and 69 respectively)

The turbine housing is the new/revised, highly tangential (better flowing), 4 bolt Garret style.

Shaft play is less than a current "major" competitor (COUGH precision COUGH)

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

want one? $899

more pics:

FR63.JPG

FR63_01.JPG

FR63_02.JPG

FR63_03.JPG

FR63_04.JPG

FR63_05.JPG

FR63_06.JPG

FR63_07.JPG

FR63_08.JPG

FR63_09.JPG

FR63_10.JPG

FR63_11.JPG

FR63_12.JPG

FR63_13.JPG

FR63_14.JPG

FR63_15.JPG

well, that should cover it :)

that is a big ass fucking turbo!

better drop that new motor in sometimesoon B!

Stupid Question:

have you thought about clearance issues regarding Block/Tranny Housing/Radiator?

Dont forget the engine is going to move so you don't want to wedge the fucker in there.

Man when you blow up your engine due to overboosting or stupidity while driving, I can't wait to see how bad the pocket book takes a hit :(.

unlike most ricers, im not going to over boost.

i actually HAVE fuel management, a amnifold that doesnt boost creep, a 40mm waste gate, and most of all, self control

Originally posted by sisteve@Jul 19 2003, 10:27 AM
Stupid Question:

have you thought about clearance issues regarding Block/Tranny Housing/Radiator?

:withstupid: What about the wastegate, will that even fit all the way under the hood? Some LS/T into a sol has problems, I.E. the hood wouldn't close :)

again, im not using shit parts.

the full race manifold sits the compressor side on the driver side, not the passenger side by the tranny where the block turns in. having an a/c compressor and a/c radiator/fans isn't happeneing... but who cares, cuz im ripping it out anyway.

wategate is also not a gay top mount leading off 1 cylender. its off all 4 at the collector. here- pics.

013.jpg

Originally posted by XZILER8@Jul 19 2003, 11:08 AM
How long does that turbine take to spool up?

15 secs that means my dads stock LX can beat him
lag sucks ass gotta hate lag man lag sure does suck
Im not sure why he does not supercharge it....

=)

I very much doubt it will take long I bet his tires can't grip in 1st or 2nd for more then 1 sec if under full throttle

Nice fucking HUGE turbo, damn that hairdryer is big. Disregard that relpy up top about you blowing your shit up, you did things properly by building shit up the correct way and by not leaving any loose ends in the project.

Great choice on having Jeff build the motor, which I agree with.

By going with with a large wastegaste that dumps from a 4 into 1 location and not just off of one of the cyclinders.

Proper fuel management and the fact that from your posts you know what you are doing.

Good luck and I see traction as the only problem :)

Milan

Talk about big ass turbo! Ever thought it might be a little too big? :lol:

that is big.....

so yeah what lag on one of tho's? more then you can imangine, pal!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 19 2003, 12:14 PM
Nice fucking HUGE turbo, damn that hairdryer is big. Disregard that relpy up top about you blowing your shit up, you did things properly by building shit up the correct way and by not leaving any loose ends in the project.

don't get his hopes up =) shit happens hehehhe

you never know when one of the 4 hampsters might get pissed and eat the other ones

my car runs great but for all I know it might blow up tomorrow
thats life in the high powered import world =(

so far I've had my motor together for 7 months and drive it almost everyday yay =)

Jeff

those pics look familiar :D sweeet!!! guess you'll need to cage the sol if you plan on doing any track time.

Back