Turbo ITR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

This site help me do my swap with out ever posting a Q so thanks for that :worthy: I just read the forms and some past Q from others

I have a B18C R in a EG. Now i want to push some boost, im going to puss out and go with a kit, chances are the rev hard kit. My q is with out changing any internals can I push 5 psi with 11.1 comp., can i stay with the FMU, or will that have to be the first thing to go? I have heard that you can go as far as your tunning but, for such low boost would it matter? Rev hard comes with a TiAl WG and couldnt i just put in a 5 psi spring and still run the FMU? :unsure: I want to go with hondata but I dont trust my-self to do the tuning and Im sure dyno time cost bucks. And say i do go with hondata and have a shop tune my car will i be able to boost any more? Thanks for any input.

Defenitly get rid of the FMU.

If your on a little bit of a budget get Uberdata.

And yes, yes you could probably put a 7-8 psi spring in there if you get it tuned good.

Would I be better off making my own turbo kit? I have been reading on homemadeturbo and im starting to get that itch. Or would the rev hard kit be better?
I think one guy has put a turbo on his type r motor on this site, but he blew a ring, and rebuilt the motor, but is there some one here that has this motor boosted w/out a rebuild?

you can piece together a PIMP turbo setup for the same price as that revhard kit. Also the revhard manifold isn't the best. Look into full-race or one of the numorous full-race copies out there. You can find them for $600-1000 for one of the best turbo manifold designs for honda.

edit - acutally, B - what was the company that you made fun of for making full-race rip off manifolds? If I remember right, they looked pretty good, and very reasonably priced. He should look into one of those.

i don't remember...

but i will say this... i would HIGHLY recommend you replace the pistons, the ring lands on itr pistons don't handel boost well at all.

I have heard that the ITR ring lands are thin, in fact Johnnylawless on this site blew ring land on piston # 3 when he bosted this motor. I am looking into this. If i keep it at low boost I think I can still do this. 5 psi isnt much but on this motor it is all I need. I still am looking at hondata becuase I feel it is safer for this motor.
Tunning is Everything Right?

as far as manifold im looking at Inline Pro manifold or a knock off like this. I also need tips on picking size of turbo, i feel i can deal with a dinky turbo and im not worried about lag if i keep the pistons. Goal is 250-270 hp. Any tips on this would be great.

This is still a good 3 months away for me; right now im just reading up.

first don't use an fmu, You have have an expensive motor, don't skimp,
the reason I blew number three ringland is I had a boost spike to 12PSI.
if you use Uberdata do it right and have someone tune it. also a wideband AFR Gauge is your best friend with that kind of compression!!!
Also piece your kit together, I'm currently re-thinking my tubo setup
as the kit i have on it now I run 25PSI where with a GT35 I could probably push 10-15 and get the same results. Do some research it pays.

JIM

regardless, its not going to happen.

jeffie made 240 whp off 11 psi on a t3/t04e in a 84mm b16.

and if he wants a dinky turbo to spool quick, you're going to see even less power per psi

The reason I put 250hp is becuas i was thinking off my crank. I dont know my whp. The jdm itr motor is rated at 200 at the crank so i figured it wouldnt be that much of a strech (feel free to set me strait). Also the reason i was thinking about a small turbo is becuase i read somewhere, i belive it was this site, that "psi doesnt brake motors, power does." So i figured i would be better off using a small turbo. But i would gladly look at a bigger turbo. What turbo would be good for this goal?

If i look at hondata or urberdata does it proteck for boost spikes? I know hondata comes with a boost cut for WG failure.
This is for johnnylawless, when you blew the ring what fuel mangemnt did you have on it at the time?

Originally posted by Domi31@Mar 25 2005, 01:29 PM
The reason I put 250hp is becuas i was thinking off my crank. I dont know my whp. The jdm itr motor is rated at 200 at the crank so i figured it wouldnt be that much of a strech (feel free to set me strait). Also the reason i was thinking about a small turbo is becuase i read somewhere, i belive it was this site, that "psi doesnt brake motors, power does." So i figured i would be better off using a small turbo. But i would gladly look at a bigger turbo. What turbo would be good for this goal?

If i look at hondata or urberdata does it proteck for boost spikes? I know hondata comes with a boost cut for WG failure.
This is for johnnylawless, when you blew the ring what fuel mangemnt did you have on it at the time?
[post=478624]Quoted post[/post]​

Uberdata street tuned and RC 310cc Injectors, It went lean I believe
I took it to the track one night and it just didn't feel right after I Got home so I did a comp check on it and it was 210-210-180-210 so I knew something was wrong.
then I Had Jeff @ importbuilders Bulletproof that MOFO For me.
:ph34r:

Back