turbo never stops spooling?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
when i get about 1/2 throttle, the turbo never stops spooling. i mean, at about 4500 rpm, the boost guage says it's at about 18 psi. that's when the Blitz dual sbc starts beeping at me.. before i could react to it, the boost guage said ~ 20 psi and it made a LOUD popping sound. the car lost a lot of power at that time.. i did let off completely as fast as i could.

it still runs and drives perfect; its just at any more then about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, the boost guage jumps up to over 18 psi again. i've only heard this popping sound once, as i've only tried stepping on it that one time. it scared the hell out of me too.

anyway, my question is: does anyone know where would i go to get some directions or how i would go about tuning it? i'm not sure of the exact model of the sbc, but i'll try to get some pics of it. it has just one "mode" dial on the left side, a screen, and a "volume" dial on the right (if that helps out at all)i wasnt able to find directions on the blitz site ot through a brief google search

i think it was the fact that i pushed 20ish psh with stock injectors...

the car still runs great if i'm not getting on it at all.. and my speedo is off by 10 mph :mad:

sounds like your car is fucked. 20 psi on stock injectors means you def broke something. the popping noise was prob all your ringlands.

what turbo are you running.

and honestly this thread seems like some complete bs cause no turbo spikes to 18 psi part throttle and not full throttle unless you dont have a wastegate hooked up or your not even running one. sounds to me like you shouldnt even be boosting if you cant figure this out on your own. :wacko:

he doesn't have a honda... he has a conquest/starion... the stock injectors should be fine for the stock turbo at stock boost levels... maybe even a few more psi than stock.

the popping you heard was probably detonation.

if you're spooling to 18 pounds at 1/4 throttle, something is seriously wrong, or you have a GT12 on there...

how much ignition advance do you have?

and unplug the boost controller... just run open wastegate spring pressure. EBC's fucking suck ass. i hate them. all they do is fuck up

partial throttle full boost usually caused by a small turbo + big motor + MBC. my SRT would do 20psi at half throttle. MBC's will cause the car to do that.

i guess i got a little carried away with the 1/4 throttle, but at 1/2 throttle it spools up to about 18 psi at 4500 rpm. thats when it detonates. it has a stock turbo that's been bored//whatever to a 14g

i'm not sure about the ignition advance at all.. what's the easiest way to find out?
is there a way to test and see if the wastegate is opening??

and how would i go about unplugging the sbc??

hotrex: where did i say it spikes at 18 psi??

edit: my sbc is electronic.

id check the spring in the wastegate....holy shit...18lbs. I know its a tiny turbo, but good lord.

I'm shocked that is gets to 18psi at 1/2 throttle. Is that teh factory boost settings? I know didly about starions. popping was definitely detonation. Hopefully you have forged pistons so it didnt hurt them too much. Maybe you should go to a colder plug and gap them lower? Yes, EBC's do suck. I love my turboXS DSMBC.

I don't know alot about turbos, but it sounds like your wastegate isn't opperating.

But...

You have to admit.. 20 psi had to have been fun...

i heard a popping once in my probe turbo, intake hose clamp was loose and popped, but the car would not run after that due to mass air flow being disconnected (from the intake tube coming off)
your turbo has an internal wastegate right?
did you fuck with it? adjust it at all?
is the vac line hoooked up to the wastegate actuator?

Quoted post[/post]]
i heard a popping once in my probe turbo, intake hose clamp was loose and popped, but the car would not run after that due to mass air flow being disconnected (from the intake tube coming off)
your turbo has an internal wastegate right?
did you fuck with it? adjust it at all?
is the vac line hoooked up to the wastegate actuator?

i was looking at the waste and there was one going into the sbc, on the right hand side. a rubber tube comming out on the left hand side that was cut off about 2" after the wastegate and wasn't plugged into anything.. there's also another output that nothing is connected to...anyone have any idea where these lines are supposed to go??

ssbc...single stage boost controller. maybe a typo and it's supposed to be an e - electronic boost controller.

i would suggest ditched the boost controller for now and run a vac straight to the intake to be sure the wastegate works...

Quoted post[/post]]
wtf is an sbc?

http://www.blitz-performance.com/Blitz_Boost_Dsbc.htm

i have the one on the left.

these are the 2 lines that i'm talking about. a guy from another board said i should just plug the one with the hose on it..

gallery_29_485_1742.jpg

well i plugged it and it did the trick! thanks for the help everyone

Back