Turbo Oil Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One thing I have had 3 turbo's and every single one of them after like 1000-2000 miles either the compressor or turbine side seals go? i don't beat my car i keep the oil up to check... but for some reason i can't keep a turbo for more then a month with out seals breaking... If there is any input on something i could be doing wrong it would be a great help

Originally posted by Boosted4dr@Nov 19 2004, 02:38 PM
-4, 3ft. Feed and -10, 14" Return
[post=419293]Quoted post[/post]​

Try a -3 AN oil fitting. Sounds like you're getting too much oil into the turbo. Also, take a pic of your return line if you could. That may be the cause of it.

yep. -4 is too big.

and as said, make sure your return is straight down and in. its PURE gravity after the turbo. if its not down and into the pan, it will float up into the turbo and blow the seals

Originally posted by SRT_Andy+Nov 19 2004, 09:11 PM-->
Boosted4dr
@Nov 19 2004, 02:38 PM
-4, 3ft. Feed  and  -10, 14" Return
[post=419293]Quoted post[/post]​

Try a -3 AN oil fitting. Sounds like you're getting too much oil into the turbo. Also, take a pic of your return line if you could. That may be the cause of it.
[post=419482]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright i will grab a new feed lines. The return line drops down like an L, and the oil pan is tapped as close to the top as possible. I will check it all out tomorrow.

Back