Turbo ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaManMD

I got a d16z6 ... im wondering what components i need to beef up... (pistons rods... etc) to make it boost ready... thanks

z6...nothin...its cheaper to replace the engine when it blows than to get it right the first time :p

Quoted post[/post]]
you pretty much said it. pistons and rods. oooh, arp head studs too.

Don't NEED studs, but they are helpful. I ran 15 PSI from a 57 trim t3/t4 through my motor all the time for about 10k miles with REUSED stock bolts and stock headgasket. :ph34r:

Yay for overengineered Hondas.

yeah, you can do it, but id still recommend a new HG (OEM is fine) and arp studs.

Cool thanks for the responses guys... ok anybody got good vouches for a good company to get these parts from... EAgle? J.E.? Thanks... Oh yeah... this is my first timedoin anything liek this so i need to ask a flame-inducing question... these mods to the engine wont make my car not pass emmisions or anything... Wow im so flamed.... thanks for helpin the new kid.

oh oh!!! another question... If i get a helms manual are the steps in it pretty much the same with aftermarket parts? How about the tourque numbers on the bolts and such? thnaks

depends on your hp goals. i'm willing to bet that the eagle rods would be sufficient for you though. as for pistons, i like CP personally. but JE and wiseco makes good pistons as well, get whatever you find a better deal on. i'd stay away from SRP though.

as for emissions, if you just swapped out the rods and pistons, i don't see any reason why it would significantly effect your emissions. although if you have a turbo kit on, that's a whole different story and it would depend on your state's regulations.

the helms manual will be fine, but contains some unnecessary steps in my opinion. but as for pulling the motor apart and changing out the pistons and rods, yes... it's a good guide. as for torque specs. the rods should come with a spec sheet that will tell you what to torque the rod cap bolts to. for any OEM stuff, follow the OEM specs. in the manual. good luck.

I was def. thinking of eagle for my rods but i heard they arent direct fit... somethin about having to notch the cylinder or something? I've also heard there is another type of Eagle rod that doesnt? True?

well anyone who builds engines for a living clearences the block before they build it, so if you have someone do it for you, they will take care of the clearance issue with the rods. If you send your engine to us, we will do it for you.

We are also distributors for JE and Eagle, so we can get you a good price on that especially if we are the ones building the engine.

Check my sig for RETAIL prices (we can do better if you call) on parts. Im not sure if the stock spec eagle rods work, but we'd find out when we turn the crank to install the other two pistons. If you call tomorrow ill even be in the shop to talk to you.

Quoted post[/post]]
well anyone who builds engines for a living clearences the block before they build it, so if you have someone do it for you, they will take care of the clearance issue with the rods. If you send your engine to us, we will do it for you.

We are also distributors for JE and Eagle, so we can get you a good price on that especially if we are the ones building the engine.

Check my sig for RETAIL prices (we can do better if you call) on parts. Im not sure if the stock spec eagle rods work, but we'd find out when we turn the crank to install the other two pistons. If you call tomorrow ill even be in the shop to talk to you.

You are a distributor? You call eagle directly ever? Ever talk to Alan there? he's a good buddy of mine.

Back