Turbocharging d15b vtec and ebay turbo kits..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
Alright it's about time I've got my swap just about out of the way so now I'm researching turbo kits and information...

I know the way ebay turbos are glued together and shit so there's no way in hell I'm getting one but I have questions...

Is the rest of the kit alright? Like, should I be alright buying a complete bolt-on kit with piping and oil lines etc. from ebay then just get another turbo unit?

What are the known parts on ebay turbos that go bad besides the turbo itself? Like the wastegate etc..

The turbos are shaky. Some will last awhile with no problems, others will come apart in a couple passes at the track.
I would NOT take a chance with the wastegate. Buy from a reputable source such as TiAL.
Manifolds again are a risk you will have to decide on. If a weld breaks, you will lose power and possibly cause some damage.
Charge piping, eh. You should be ok. Make sure you get good clamps though.
BOV, I know alot of people run ebay BOV's with no problems, it will be hard on your turbo if you get one that doesnt function properly though.

HAHA fuck yea. Holy shit and I was going to save up for some bullshit $3,000 for turbo...my ass! Not with these out.

theres one tuner shop like 50 miles from me....the guy said he had D-series turbo kits for $2200!! i was like..uhh i found one for like $600.. he said i was a liar..lol

Haha what a prick. Yea the $400 kits don't come with intercoolers but there's some for $500-600 that come intercooeld. And you still need fuel/engine management and some tuning.

yea..pretty much theres gonna be something extra to buy..cant get it all i guess. you really got me wanting to get the turbo ball rolling on my d15b...if you do get a kit..make sure you get a good wastegate..itll save your engine

^ I bought the TiAL sport (before everything was stolen).
Trust me though, the ebay turbo's are kinda shaky.
Plus, once you boost, you always want more. I started out with a grocery getter t-25 setup in mind. After buying the T25 and all that, I decided to buy a T3/T4. And now, I'm building it to handle around 450 whp. :)

Back