Turboing a 96 GS-R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In response to "pissedoffsol" at airj0ckie's house... I wouldn't call AEM EMS and Hondata the same thing at all. AEM EMS is a "true" stand alone system seeing as it doesn't use the Honda ECU at all. Uberdata and Hondata are nothing more than a chipped ECU, they both use the Honda ECU, you have to socket your ECU the same way, you have to burn chips the same way, My friend that tuned my car has Hondata and he said tuning my car with Uberdata was easy since he already had a lot of time using Hondata. He said it acts the same way, but it just has a different interface.

In response to "Slammed90Lude"... Blake the creator of Uberdata did not steal anything. He figured out how to get the coding out of the Honda ECU, then wrote Uberdata. I don't know if you noticed, but Uberdata didn't have all the features Hondata did when it was first written. It has been updataed a lot and Blake has put a lot of hard work into it. Oh and besides that, you know that little blue box that comes with Hondata? That is nothing more than a security device so people can't hack into Hondata's coding, so there is no way anybody could copy Hondata. I'm not an expert on this subject at all, so I can't go too far into detail, but those are the basics from what I understand.

ok, well regardless of whether or not blake stole the software, the general idea of uberdata is taking the funding away from the company with the resources needed to further honda ecu tuning-

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@May 1 2004, 10:03 PM
ok, well regardless of whether or not blake stole the software, the general idea of uberdata is taking the funding away from the company with the resources needed to further honda ecu tuning-

Hondata is done with obd1 and there not upgrading it anymore as far as I have heard. They have moved onto other things like k-series or whatever else they are doing...

EDIT: If you don't have anything useful to say please don't post. I never said one bad thing about Hondata, except that it's expensive.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@May 1 2004, 10:51 PM
In response to "pissedoffsol" at airj0ckie's house... I wouldn't call AEM EMS and Hondata the same thing at all. AEM EMS is a "true" stand alone system seeing as it doesn't use the Honda ECU at all.

if you want to go that far, aem isn't a true standalone either. it still uses all the stock sensors and wiring.

a REAL standalone = you wire the whole freakin car.

this arguement is worthless

Worthless, and WAAAYYYYYYY off topic.

I agree this is way off topic, but don't blame me because it's not my fault. Just trying to save this guy from spending a bunch of money on hondata before he knew about uberdata. You all started talking shit about uberdata with a bunch of nonsense, so I corrected you. He could also use crome (another free ROM editor) since you guys don't seem to like uberdata. I will admit when I am wrong... doesn't look like you guys can. Oh and please tell me if I am wrong about something too because I don't want to be giving misinformation.

Did you ever think that some people don't have the first clue about tuning a car themselves, and Hondata may have local support that they can fall back on? There are reasons to choose Hondata, and there are reasons to choose Uberdata, my point is stop jocking every damn thread you see with Hondata mentioned in it. Simple, right?

Back