TurboLink vtec resistor wire....um.. help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vector

I was lucky enough to pick up mostly complete (missing the charge piping, no big deal) and unused edelbrock turbo kit for my 94 civic for $700 (less than the cost of the turbo alone... someone got robbed). Anyway my point is that the TurboLink piggyback computer that comes with it was supposed to include a VTEC resistor wire (I assume it's a resistor with wires on the ends lol). I am missing this wire... does anyone know what value that resistor needs to be?
I suppose it's just a dummy load so the ecu doesn't notice that the wire has been disconnected... would it be as simple as checking resistance between the harness on the solenoid and a ground point?
TIA for any suggestions

okay... talked to edelbrock (again) about this today after 25 minutes on hold.
they transfered me to the "import guy" and I had to leave a mesg. not expecting a call back, at least not any time soon... took him all of like 4 minutes to get back to me.
Anyway, back to the point... for anyone's future reference in the intstall of a piggy back computer that overrides the ECU's vtec trigger, the vtec "dummy load" resistor is a 140 ohm (goes between the ecu vtec trigger wire and the ecu ground wire.. makes the ecu think it's actually engaging vtec)

140.. got that?
took me days to find that out... enjoy :D

Back