1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turning 91 civic automatic to manual???

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by fast sol, Oct 26, 2003.

1. fast sol

fast sol Junior Member

Edmonton, AB
    hey guys, i set my friend up with a 91 civic DX 4 door, 1.6, but its automatic and he wants to get it in a manual, i told him id look into it for him and do it if it wasnt too hard, the only thing i can think of that will need to be changed are the tranny, shift linkage, and take the shifter and boot etc and swap it over, as well i think it already has a tach, but the ecu for a manual will need to be changed as well wont it??? id imagine drive axles would have to be changed. steal a pedal and cable for it for the clutch if anyone has done this to a civic of any kind, let me know what things needed to be replaced just so i can tell this guy if its gonna be worth it or not
    thanx guys

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

Aberdeen, Washington State
    You'd need the pedal setup and ecu also. For that engine, and the performance gain, I wouldn't bother. That's just my opinion. I'd hold off until it's worth buying an engine/tranny package that will rock. It can be done of course, but for the cost, and the hassle, I'd probably buy another civic first. IMHO.
Draft saved Draft deleted