turning 91 civic automatic to manual???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fast sol

hey guys, i set my friend up with a 91 civic DX 4 door, 1.6, but its automatic and he wants to get it in a manual, i told him id look into it for him and do it if it wasnt too hard, the only thing i can think of that will need to be changed are the tranny, shift linkage, and take the shifter and boot etc and swap it over, as well i think it already has a tach, but the ecu for a manual will need to be changed as well wont it??? id imagine drive axles would have to be changed. steal a pedal and cable for it for the clutch if anyone has done this to a civic of any kind, let me know what things needed to be replaced just so i can tell this guy if its gonna be worth it or not
thanx guys

Paul

You'd need the pedal setup and ecu also. For that engine, and the performance gain, I wouldn't bother. That's just my opinion. I'd hold off until it's worth buying an engine/tranny package that will rock. It can be done of course, but for the cost, and the hassle, I'd probably buy another civic first. IMHO.

Back