Turnng Problems On B18a Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

hey guys, i just put a new B18a in my 1990 CRX, the car is lowered and has 195/50/15 Proxxie T1-S's, i thought the engine would hamper my handling a little do to extra weight, but ever since, if i take a corner with any force, it sounds like either #1 the tire is hitting inside of fender , car is really low and on big bumps i know it hits fender, but on flat corners it makes the sound, so i doubt its that, or #2 the front of the is slightly bouncing around the corner, which makes no sense b/c its lowered and has good tires? any thoughts would be greatly appreaciated

Thanks

u said it feels like the front is bouncing around turns...that points to a worn shock or shocks. what kind of shocks do u have? if they are stock...they are probably worn because stock shocks arent designed to take the punishment from a lowered suspension. although aftermarket shocks wear down too after time.

other possibilities:...did you cut your springs??? if you did...thats your WHOLE problem. if not, then maybe you need springs with a higher spring rate. or maybe you just need to roll the fenders.

I have lowering springs only, not shocks. The are cheap and were on the car when i bought it. also i am using the tex axels, and they are brand new, so i know that isnt my problem. ill try getting new shocks, but i still think its hitting the inside of fender. which wouldnt account for the worn shocks, b/c they barely move as is.

Back