1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tweaking The Motor...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by rudeludenotmeanthough, Jan 19, 2003.

1. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

What kinda tweaks can i do to my motor that will make it run better times or just overall get more hp or whatever??? things like, timeing advance... etc

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

first what type of motor and or car do you have???
    but in general you can change the following:
    pistons
    cam shaft/s
    cam gears
    Intake
    Header
    exaust
    Intake manifold
    ect... there are so many things you can do, these are just a few suggestions... but we need specifics to help you out, you may want to start with Intake Header and Exaust if you have not already done so.

3. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

yeah i knew of those mods... but i was thinking more along the lines of... advancing the timin... intake (i have already done), and thing which i can adjust which i already have to make the car run faster times... not neccissarily getting bolt-ons... i have a JDM b20a, DOHC

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

everything comes at a price.. if you advance the timing, you will lose low end, but gain high end... if you retard it you will lose high and gain low...

best free modification:

lose weight...

losing weight is like gaining power.

5. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

So pills in our little honda seeing that they not so strong in the torque area would you suggest retarding the ignition ???

just curious I know torque gets you off the line, and HP is what wins the race so it's really a toss up ??

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted